Scriptcase 8 installation on vps. Linux OS compatibility? Newbie

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scriptcase 8 installation on vps. Linux OS compatibility? Newbie

Greetings and Thank you for any assistance.

I would like to install SC8 on a vps.
    I would like to use zpanel as the control panel.

As near as I can figure out, zpanel does not support debian OS and SC8 has 'issues' when installed on centos.

What OS should I select for the vps that will allow me to install zpanel and SC8?

One last item, I am a complete novice with vps and linux. Many thanks for providing any help, advice and/or information.

Stu Buck, Phx AZ USA
    Last edited by stubuck; 09-04-2014, 01:02 PM.

If you insist on linux I can't help, on vps windows (plesk/W2012 server) it works like charm. Just install as on your workstation, configure firewall and you're off.
    Albert Drent
    aducom software netherlands
    scriptcase partner, reseller, support and (turn-key) development
    www.scriptcase.eu / www.scriptcase.nl

Comment

All of my servers are vps using centos os.

Zpanel works well in centos 6x. i havent tested centos 7x yet so cannot comment.

I have installed sc8 on centos 6.5 and had some issues when version 8 was released. However these were mostly due to zend framework timeouts and are now resolved.

I suggest that you try centos 6.5 + zpanel + sc8 . You may have to play with mysql user permissions to get access to the db's
      We are Developing your Future Business Requirement right now with Scriptcase.
      www.sri.com.au & www.madikonda.com

Comment

Thanks madikonda! Your information is very helpful. I will proceed with the centos + zpanel + sc8 (I did have centos and zpanel setup once, then I starting seeing postings when SC8 was having problems with that configuration).
        I'll follow-up with the results of my "novice attempt".

Thanks aducom for your insight for windows based vps.

Thanks Again!
        Stu Buck, Arizona USA
        Last edited by stubuck; 09-04-2014, 01:03 PM.

Comment

As near as I can figure out, zpanel does not support debian OS and SC8 has 'issues' when installed on centos.
          We are the pioneers in providing 700-505 dumps dumps and College of the Holy Cross tutorials with 100% exam pass guarantee. Download our latest testking ccie & COMPTIA questions to pass real exam of mcitp training in time.

Comment

Working...
          X