Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Security Module synchronize deleted apps and other problems

Hi everybody

I'm working with V 8.01.0004 Enterprise and a completely new project.

Security Module is driving me crazy:

* I create a security module. Sync apps. So far, so good.
    * I tested some apps. Then deleted some of them.
    * I re-sync apps. Deleted apps are still there... mmm... maybe deleting the apps doesn't update the security module?
    * So, I manually deleted the apps from the table, using the Applications form within security menu.
    * Sync again. Deleted apps are re-created!

Other problems I noticed since upgrade to 8.01 -> I created a grid and a form using the Batch creation option. The form options in for Insert, Delete, and Update are disabled in the Users and Applications form within security menu. Not just unchecked: disabled. My form is not updatable in any way.

Delete completely the security apps, recreated and voila! The options are enabled. Create a new grid form, sync -> Options disabled for the new ones...

It's driving me crazy...

• chaos8028
    replied
    Thank you Andre. You are such a great help in this forum.

I am facing the same issue here.. And i am on the run. What does the fix consists of? Is there somenthing i can do before waiting for scriptcase to release the patch?

Leave a comment:

• aducom
    replied
    Yes, it does not add the form type. That's a bug and I reported it with a fix to sc a week ago.

Leave a comment:

• mister_doctor
    replied
    The security module is the worst thing, at least at group level. Synchronization creates non-existent apps, even entries with blank names, and it does not remove deleted apps. Also, I can't activate permissions in most of apps by using the security apps (checkboxes are disabled), I have to do it directly in the database... and so on. I'm seriously thinking on creating my own security module, but sadly I don't have enough time for the project I'm on. So, meanwhile I will have to deal with what Scriptcase offers.

Leave a comment:

• betty
    replied
    "I created a grid and a form using the Batch creation option. The form options in for Insert, Delete, and Update are disabled in the Users and Applications form within security menu. Not just unchecked: disabled. My form is not updatable in any way."

The sync application does not populate the "app_type" and "description" fields; it only fills in the app_name field. Without a value in the "app_type" field, all the little checkboxes are disabled.

Leave a comment:

• aducom
    replied
    Originally posted by tfertil View Post
    Hi everybody

I'm working with V 8.01.0004 Enterprise and a completely new project.

Security Module is driving me crazy:

* I create a security module. Sync apps. So far, so good.
    * I tested some apps. Then deleted some of them.
    * I re-sync apps. Deleted apps are still there... mmm... maybe deleting the apps doesn't update the security module?
    * So, I manually deleted the apps from the table, using the Applications form within security menu.
    * Sync again. Deleted apps are re-created!

Other problems I noticed since upgrade to 8.01 -> I created a grid and a form using the Batch creation option. The form options in for Insert, Delete, and Update are disabled in the Users and Applications form within security menu. Not just unchecked: disabled. My form is not updatable in any way.

Delete completely the security apps, recreated and voila! The options are enabled. Create a new grid form, sync -> Options disabled for the new ones...

It's driving me crazy...
    The synchronize will do a directory search to find all your apps. It only does an append, it does not do a full refresh (which is a pitty imho). But I guess that although you have deleted some apps they are still present in your environment. If you delete apps from your project, it will not delete your generated applications.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X