[SOLVED]Field List not Synchronised with SQL

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [SOLVED]Field List not Synchronised with SQL

Error: Undefined offset: 6 | Script: C:\Program Files (x86)\NetMake\v81\wwwroot\scriptcase\devel\class\p age\nmPageApp.class.php linha: 6943

SC8 doesn't synchronize it's field list in the "Grid" group when I change my SQL. It updates the field list in "Application", but still, I get an error message when I "Save".

Please see attached for a nice screen shot of what is going on.

if it is a FORM use APP > Sync Tables, if it is a grid you have to do it manually (which obviously questioning whole idea of SC as 4GL tool). The errors you see in IDE are SC bugs which I personally reported several times and you are not the only one to see it. So far it has not been fixed.

Arthur
    -----------------------------------------
    Arthur Klisiewicz
    dATA POINT SOFTWARE
    www.datapointsoftware.com

Comment

aka. If you want to get all fields from a table or view in a grid, you can use 'select * from tablename'.

To trigger a rescan of the fields, just toggle between 'select * from tablename' and 'select tablename.* from tablename'.

Comment

@boxer55
        I don't have my SC available now to doublecheck so I could be wrong, but the list you're showing where you say some fields are missing, to me looks like the list of fields that will be visible when the grid is run.
        You have to look up the tree for the 'Edit fields' or 'Select fields' nodes.
        There you should see all your fields and you can decide which ones to show.
        Last edited by robydago; 03-07-2016, 10:45 PM.

Comment

Thanks for the help guys. aka and @robydgo Ok, so, in order to fix the error message, I just deleted my grid and started over from the beginning, planning very very carefully so as to include all the fields in the SQL statement I'll ever need in the grid (hopefully) from the start. The whole thing is working correctly now and not displaying errors. I find that I have to delete-and-start-over often using ScriptCase. I think it is a tool with a lot of potential, but it's very buggy and unforgiving, and once the error messages start, you might as well forget about your last 3 days worth of work and delete it and start over. The errors are not fixable by mortal humans.

robydago You are correct about the field listing. My screen shot shows the two lists are not synced, but it is the bottom list that is incorrect, not the top one, like I at first assumed. After my delete-and-start-over, the two lists shown in the screen shot, are now sync'd in my fixed version. Next time instead of doing a delete-and-start-over, I'll try the manual re-sync suggested by robydago.

Comment

sometimes when SYNC is not working I do:
            - remove TEMP files in SC folder
            - re-sync Dictionary
            - clear browser cache
            - clear coockies
            - restart browser, SC

ARTHUR
            -----------------------------------------
            Arthur Klisiewicz
            dATA POINT SOFTWARE
            www.datapointsoftware.com

Comment

I think the browser "features" often cause problems for SC. Thanks for the tips!

Comment

Just curious. Did you checked your fields are not in left pane under Positioning fields? By default, when you change SQL on a grid, new fields are not visible.
                /Giuseppe

Professional Scriptcase Services
                Some Customers opinions

Comment

Hmmm... didn't check before I deleted the grid and started over. It's working now.

Comment

Originally posted by Boxer55 View Post
                    Hmmm... didn't check before I deleted the grid and started over. It's working now.
                    I bet was this
                    /Giuseppe

Some Customers opinions

Comment

Hello,

I'm very happy that you solved the problem!
                      As Arthur and Giu said, when it's happen, you have to :
                      -Clear all inside the app folder, in the directory : NetMake\v81\wwwroot\scriptcase\app
                      - Check if the fields are not in left pane under Positioning fields after the change.
                      - Clear browser cache
                      - Clear coockies
                      - Restart the apache
                      - Restart browser and SC
                      Best Regards,
                      Gustavo Veras

Bug Tracker Team
                      NetMake - IT Solutions

Comment

Originally posted by gustavo veras View Post
                        Hello,

I'm very happy that you solved the problem!
                        As Arthur and Giu said, when it's happen, you have to :
                        -Clear all inside the app folder, in the directory : NetMake\v81\wwwroot\scriptcase\app
                        - Check if the fields are not in left pane under Positioning fields after the change.
                        - Clear browser cache
                        - Clear coockies
                        - Restart the apache
                        - Restart browser and SC
                        Reinstall Windows, Update your antivirus, .... Just kidding.
                        /Giuseppe

Some Customers opinions

Comment

Working...
                        X