Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• well, from your given images above, i don't think there is something wrong other than alignment of the icons in tables, i talked about it above and it is similar to the menu issue, other horizontal fields alignment can be adjusted as mentioned earlier, don't know if you are trying to deliver different message than i can't understand it, try to make a screenshot comparison between sc7 and sc8 so we understand what is wrong you trying to tell us

Comment

• Originally posted by rajibul View Post
      Text autocomplete not working on version 8.00.0006. Please take necessary initiative as early as possible.
      correct, i created new field "text auto-complete" (not in the database, only in SC) pointed it to a table with "names" field but didn't work like it was working before in previous version,, however, the capture link "adding small search field to get data from that table" still work i think

Originally posted by carlos View Post
      I will ask to the test manager to take a look at those 2 problems.
      fine job, i like this position

Comment

• Fatal error on security module

Hi,

I've found a bug on version 8.00.0006..I have an application with security module (group) generated. when i go to security > group/applications and then select a group, i will get an error :

"Fatal error: Call to a member function Execute() on a non-object in C:\NetMake\v8\wwwroot\scriptcase\app\eCampus\app_e Campusform_sec_groups_apps\app_eCampusform_sec_gro ups_apps_apl.php on line 450"

I'm beginning to think this is a bug because i've tried several steps to fix it(been on it for a day!):

1. created new app and generate security module - error persist
        2. created new app to new database(oracle) - error persist
        3. created new app to new database(mysql) - error persist
        4. install on another server and my local pc - error persist
        5. had a project which was last compiled a few weeks back (before version 8.00.0006) and tried to run it WITHOUT any error. To verify, i recompile. -- error persist
        6. manual update. (suggested by scriptcase support) - error persist
        7. created the project in a server running v7.1 and tested working flawlessly. proceed to copy and convert to the server with version 8.00.0006..error comes in the picture.

These are definitely red flags for bugs here and it's been really frustrating as i've been on it for a whole day. This module is important because it allows access/limit application to groups.

If forum admins are reading this please,please and please forward to your developers and try my 7 trial situation i did. This is getting really frustrating.

Below is the attached screenshot :

sc error.PNG

Comment

• psychocryo, go to your sec_form_sec_groups_apps onApplicationInt, remove the code (copy it somewhere first) and run, you will have it working

This is because it is failing to get the group description to show them for you while selecting the permissions for each application

scenario is: once you click on groups/apps it is supposed to give you the available groups > select one of them > go for permissions table... here it fails, what is happneing is: it can't select it well, hence it is failing

If you removed that, it will work but once you select the group, then you will have the table to select permissions, but, without group in the header to tell you which group you are working on its permissions... i could live with that because i have only few groups and i pay attention to the one i select to modify permissions

Comment

• Originally posted by itsme3 View Post
            psychocryo, go to your sec_form_sec_groups_apps onApplicationInt, remove the code (copy it somewhere first) and run, you will have it working

This is because it is failing to get the group description to show them for you while selecting the permissions for each application

scenario is: once you click on groups/apps it is supposed to give you the available groups > select one of them > go for permissions table... here it fails, what is happneing is: it can't select it well, hence it is failing

If you removed that, it will work but once you select the group, then you will have the table to select permissions, but, without group in the header to tell you which group you are working on its permissions... i could live with that because i have only few groups and i pay attention to the one i select to modify permissions
            Hi itsme3,

You sir are a lifesaver! i tried it and it worked. i did not think that this would be the issue because the error message was not user friendly at all. are you experiencing the same problem?
            Im curious as to why the simple query fails. This is a bug right?

Thanks again man!

Comment

• yes it is a bug but not serious one like others, although it worked ok first for days, then stops working at some point, don't know why, perhaps can't select "description" as mentioned in its php file > line 450. It was looking like other error mentioned in the forums related to quick search, then looking at that select, it is only to show the group name in the header wile selecting permissions, so i removed it looool

and yes i'm facing this along with many other errors, first thing is to look for workarounds then report as bug (mostly useless) or get rid of the functionality, finally, live with it and wait for solution

cheers

Comment

• Originally posted by itsme3 View Post
                yes it is a bug but not serious one like others, although it worked ok first for days, then stops working at some point, don't know why, perhaps can't select "description" as mentioned in its php file > line 450. It was looking like other error mentioned in the forums related to quick search, then looking at that select, it is only to show the group name in the header wile selecting permissions, so i removed it looool

and yes i'm facing this along with many other errors, first thing is to look for workarounds then report as bug (mostly useless) or get rid of the functionality, finally, live with it and wait for solution

cheers
                yeah..i've been at it the whole day. i even opened the file which the error is mentioning in the server and though i have php knowledge, i cant seem to understand the code that is giving me the error. i've been trying numerous ways to pinpoint the problem.

thanks again man!

Comment

• A small bug this time, a typo: The next message is not correct English:

There is no messages!

Which occurs when you click on the bell in the IDE.

There ARE no messages!

or

There is no message!
                  Albert Drent
                  aducom software netherlands
                  scriptcase partner, reseller, support and (turn-key) development
                  www.scriptcase.eu / www.scriptcase.nl

Comment

• Another typo issue is the helpfile. If you click on help then you get the english helpfile (which is ok) but in the title it says: Coneudo / Busca -> Procurar por:

should be
                    Search / Search for:
                    Albert Drent
                    aducom software netherlands
                    scriptcase partner, reseller, support and (turn-key) development
                    www.scriptcase.eu / www.scriptcase.nl

Comment

• Originally posted by aducom View Post
                      Another typo issue is the helpfile. If you click on help then you get the english helpfile (which is ok) but in the title it says: Coneudo / Busca -> Procurar por:

should be
                      Search / Search for:
                      I think is better not to talk about about help . Can fill another 15 pages thread
                      Help is outdated, bad translated, typos..and so on..
                      /Giuseppe

Professional Scriptcase Services
                      Some Customers opinions

Comment

• Originally posted by Giu View Post
                        I think is better not to talk about about help . Can fill another 15 pages thread
                        Help is outdated, bad translated, typos..and so on..
                        YES, help file if provided to English professionals will not pass the exam loool, better to have google translator ready

Comment

• BUG - Features does not work on copied applications from other working applications

I made a copy of a fully working FORM application but some features/setting stop working on the destination application, so far the features/setting which were copied but not working at destination are:

- Application->Navigation
                          - Application->Messages

The steps I followed are:

- Select the application located in root/some_directory/FORM_WORKING.php
                          - Click on "copy" and save the application with a different name ex: FORM_NEW_NAME.php
                          - Select the just duplicated application root/some_directory/FORM_NEW_NAME.php
                          - Click on "move" to move the application to a different folder: root/NEW_directory/FORM_NEW_NAME.php
                          - Run the application from root/NEW_directory but setting indicated above stop working, if I made a changes (ex: change after insert message) it does not work.

thanks.

Comment

• Hi!

Is difficult to understand my explanation :
                            The yellows field must be on a our dedicated tab not on the first tab only see at the first image "Ship data" have its fields "Patient data" have its fields but are displayed on end
                            of "Ship data" tab and so on i search another example to explain better the problem using a sc7 functionality

Comment

• hi again, I suggest write your explanation in your native language which i suppose is Spanish then they responsible guys will look at it, they understand others languages and will help you accordingly.

Comment

• Every time I create an application I got this error: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() | Script: /Applications/NetMake/v8/wwwroot/scriptcase/devel/lib/php/language.inc.php linha: 70

Comment

Working...
                                X