Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[SOLVED] Scriptcase 8 Project Import Bug (After Update)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • [SOLVED] Scriptcase 8 Project Import Bug (After Update)

    Hello,

    I updated my scriptcase 8 to the latest version. However, after the update I can't import the projects I exported previous to the update.

    Please refer to the attached image for the error message.scv8_import_problem.png

    Is there a way to downgrade scriptcase?

    Thank you very much.

  • #2
    It's not a bug, just it's not the way to do.

    You can't import a project from a different SC version. You have to do a conversion first from the old SC database.

    If you have access to SC7 folder, follow the conversion steps, if not, install SC7, import your project and convert.

    http://www.scriptcase.net/blog/version-8-faq-en/

    http://support.scriptcase.net/index....f-scriptcase-8

    As suggestion to NM, could be great if import proccess detect version, warning about it, and provide the possibility to convert in this process.
    /Giuseppe

    Professional Scriptcase Services
    Some Customers opinions

    Comment


    • #3
      Ok sir, but what I said is that :
      I updated my scriptcase 8 to the latest version.
      It was not an upgrade but an update. Say for example, from "Scriptcase Version 8.00.0006" to "Scriptcase Version 8.00.0007."

      Basically, it's still a Scriptcase 8 project. So, the way to do it is to import the project.

      Also, there's no option to convert projects from Scriptcase Version 8.00.0006 to Scriptcase Version 8.00.0007.
      Last edited by seth; 09-08-2014, 04:43 AM.

      Comment


      • #4
        Seth,

        I will ask the test manager to check up on this. Thanks for posting.
        Best regards,
        Carlos Lacerda.
        ScriptCase Commercial Manager.

        Skype: carlos.lacerda82
        Email: carlos@scriptcase.net
        Visit our Blog: http://www.scriptcase.net/blog/
        Visit out fan page: http://www.facebook.com/Scriptcase

        Comment


        • #5
          Seth,

          Talking to the guys from the DEV that was a bug in one of our previous versions and it was already fixed, once you exported in the broken version you will need to do this in order to fix it...

          - Open the .zip file from your export
          - Find and open the file named indice.bkp with your notepad
          - Replace the header of it from v7 to v8 like in the sample below:

          v8
          ScriptCase Backup
          20140908104114
          1
          start>>>
          publish__@BKP@__Agroplos:Agropolos
          publish__@BKP@__Agropolos:Agropolos
          publish__@BKP@__Agropolos:SISDA


          Save it, and try to import inside Scriptcase. Give us a feedback about it.
          Best regards,
          Carlos Lacerda.
          ScriptCase Commercial Manager.

          Skype: carlos.lacerda82
          Email: carlos@scriptcase.net
          Visit our Blog: http://www.scriptcase.net/blog/
          Visit out fan page: http://www.facebook.com/Scriptcase

          Comment


          • #6
            Thank you Carlos, for this steps.

            I tried it and it works. I'll be posting again if anything goes wrong.

            By the way, will the procedures be the same in importing applications from the previous versions?

            Thank you very much.

            Comment


            • #7
              Hello,

              do not need to perform this manual procedure in future releases. This bug has been resolved. Thank you.
              Best regards,
              Thomas Soares.
              ScriptCase International.

              Email: t.soares@scriptcase.net
              Visit our Blog: http://www.scriptcase.net/blog/
              Visit out fan page: http://www.facebook.com/Scriptcase

              Comment


              • #8
                Bug still exist

                Originally posted by Thomas Soares View Post
                Hello,

                do not need to perform this manual procedure in future releases. This bug has been resolved. Thank you.
                No it hasn't! I still have the same problem since SC v8 was implemented.

                When trying to import an old project created in SC v7 or even in a minor SC v8 version, I always receive the red error message:

                This project wasn't created with SC v8!
                Last edited by De Sena; 11-16-2014, 01:50 PM.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by De Sena View Post
                  No it hasn't! I still have the same problem since SC v8 was implemented.

                  When trying to import an old project created in SC v7 or even in a minor SC v8 version, I always receive the red error message:

                  This project wasn't created with SC v8!
                  Hello,

                  You are using a file (export) created in version 7? If it is, will never work, you need to convert first.

                  I await your response.

                  Thank you!
                  Best regards,
                  Thomas Soares.
                  ScriptCase International.

                  Email: t.soares@scriptcase.net
                  Visit our Blog: http://www.scriptcase.net/blog/
                  Visit out fan page: http://www.facebook.com/Scriptcase

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by carlos View Post
                    Seth,

                    Talking to the guys from the DEV that was a bug in one of our previous versions and it was already fixed, once you exported in the broken version you will need to do this in order to fix it...

                    - Open the .zip file from your export
                    - Find and open the file named indice.bkp with your notepad
                    - Replace the header of it from v7 to v8 like in the sample below:

                    v8
                    ScriptCase Backup
                    20140908104114
                    1
                    start>>>
                    publish__@BKP@__Agroplos:Agropolos
                    publish__@BKP@__Agropolos:Agropolos
                    publish__@BKP@__Agropolos:SISDA


                    Save it, and try to import inside Scriptcase. Give us a feedback about it.

                    I export a project from 8.00025, then import to 8.0037 ver. No problem to import but when try to compile I get this "Fatal error: Cannot redeclare nm_normalize_fld_name() (previously declared in /opt/NetMake/v81/wwwroot/scriptcase/devel/lib/php/functions.inc.php:7811) in/opt/NetMake/v81/wwwroot/scriptcase/devel/compat/nm_import.inc.php on line 0"

                    Could you help me! This is driving me crazy because is a almost finished project!

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by apolo512 View Post


                      I export a project from 8.00025, then import to 8.0037 ver. No problem to import but when try to compile I get this "Fatal error: Cannot redeclare nm_normalize_fld_name() (previously declared in /opt/NetMake/v81/wwwroot/scriptcase/devel/lib/php/functions.inc.php:7811) in/opt/NetMake/v81/wwwroot/scriptcase/devel/compat/nm_import.inc.php on line 0"

                      Could you help me! This is driving me crazy because is a almost finished project!
                      Hello,

                      We are checking the problem. If possible, tell us more details about the problem.
                      Is there a step by step?

                      Initially, I ask that you try to update ScriptCase again.
                      Best Regards,
                      John L. Santos

                      Bug Tracker Team
                      NetMake - IT Solutions

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by John L. Santos View Post

                        Hello,

                        We are checking the problem. If possible, tell us more details about the problem.
                        Is there a step by step?

                        Initially, I ask that you try to update ScriptCase again.

                        I export my project, the reinstall scripcase in ubuntu version 8.00037 then import the project, but when i try to compile or syc the app, that is the message " "

                        even I check mysql connection and look everything is running well.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by apolo512 View Post


                          I export my project, the reinstall scripcase in ubuntu version 8.00037 then import the project, but when i try to compile or syc the app, that is the message " "

                          even I check mysql connection and look everything is running well.
                          Hello,

                          Did you try to update ScriptCase again?
                          Best Regards,
                          John L. Santos

                          Bug Tracker Team
                          NetMake - IT Solutions

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by John L. Santos View Post
                            Hello,

                            Did you try to update ScriptCase again?
                            Yes, I update to 511 update 8.00037, that solved the problem, thanks, very good support

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              I have same issues. I need to restore some Apps backed up just about month ago and get errors. It is really necessary to take a close look at the backup/restore procedures. If we cannot restore projects properly then the whole SC is useless.
                              backup_bugs.png





                              Last edited by aka; 04-20-2016, 12:46 PM.
                              -----------------------------------------
                              Arthur Klisiewicz
                              dATA POINT SOFTWARE
                              www.datapointsoftware.com

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X