Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[S]Call a modal app from a form, and refresh the calling form after modal app closed?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [S]Call a modal app from a form, and refresh the calling form after modal app closed?

Apologies - originally posted this in "discussion" in error - so duplicated it here - perhaps a moderator can delete the "discussion" version please? :-)

===================

I have a form (single record) that has a button that calls a control app modally. When the modal app is closed I want the calling form to refresh to reflect that changes the modal app made. Everything works fine except for the refresh after closing. How can I achieve this?

The button that calls the control app modally is a Link button.

I have also tried using a PHP button (instead of a link button) with the following code:

Code:
    sc_redir('contr_app',,'_modal');

sc_redir('calling_form_app');
    That also doesn't work re the refresh. Firstly, the modal bit doesn't quite work; opens app but in a new browser window, and the main screen becomes just a menu and background with no app displayed. After after closing the "modal" form" it just closes leaving the blank main screen - so the redir to the calling app doesn't appear to happen.

Any thoughts folks?

Originally posted by adz1111 View Post
    Apologies - originally posted this in "discussion" in error - so duplicated it here - perhaps a moderator can delete the "discussion" version please? :-)

===================

I have a form (single record) that has a button that calls a control app modally. When the modal app is closed I want the calling form to refresh to reflect that changes the modal app made. Everything works fine except for the refresh after closing. How can I achieve this?

The button that calls the control app modally is a Link button.

I have also tried using a PHP button (instead of a link button) with the following code:

Code:
    sc_redir('contr_app',,'_modal');

sc_redir('calling_form_app');
    That also doesn't work re the refresh. Firstly, the modal bit doesn't quite work; opens app but in a new browser window, and the main screen becomes just a menu and background with no app displayed. After after closing the "modal" form" it just closes leaving the blank main screen - so the redir to the calling app doesn't appear to happen.

Any thoughts folks?

You cannot have any code execute after an sc_redir(). It is a one-way path. Consequently, the 2nd line will never be executed.

You need to put the 'calling_form' as the exit app for the control form, that way it will get reloaded.

Dave
    Dave Prue
    Code Whisperer
    Lahar International Corp
    www.lahar.net

Comment

Thanks Dave.

So obvious! Wood for the trees - but that definitely helped. It's not entirely what I'm after but I think I can get to where I need to be. So, much appreciated! Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by daveprue View Post
        You cannot have any code execute after an sc_redir(). It is a one-way path. Consequently, the 2nd line will never be executed.

You need to put the 'calling_form' as the exit app for the control form, that way it will get reloaded.

Dave
        Thank you for the help Dave.

was just a human error, hehe.

Bye.
        Best regards,
        Thomas Soares.
        ScriptCase International.

Email: t.soares@scriptcase.net
        Visit our Blog: http://www.scriptcase.net/blog/
        Visit out fan page: http://www.facebook.com/Scriptcase

Comment

Working...