No announcement yet.

How to post bugs

This is a sticky topic.
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

anomaly0617 No, I mean about:

....but starting with v8 they more or less forced me into a model where my dev box had to run it's own scriptcase instance of apache. This then meant that I had to have a second web server to run the other common tools I use like phpMyAdmin and others, but it created a "scriptcase supported" installation environment. I actually remember creating three virtual servers the day I upgraded from v7 to v8 -- one that was a production web server for generated code, one that was a dev web server with just scriptcase v8 on it, and one that was a database server because - hey - if I'm gonna have to build a server room to develop an application, let's go all out and separate MySQL from the LAMP stack, right???
    Wich way SC force to you to have this enviroment.

Professional Scriptcase Services
    Some Customers opinions

There are several solutions imho. First you have a local server / development engine and you allow your users to login over a vpn like connection. Other option is to login using a remote tool like Splashtop, Teamviewer or something similar. We have a highly secured virtual server on the web which allows only our own ip's to enter. Perhaps this is helpful to you.
      Albert Drent
      aducom software netherlands
      scriptcase partner, reseller, support and (turn-key) development /