Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[SOLVED] - Image Thumbnails not visible in Production Deployment

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • [SOLVED] - Image Thumbnails not visible in Production Deployment

    We have image fields (stored in database) in a form that are set to show reduced size thumbnails of the images. All is fine in the development environment where the images and their thumbnails appear in the tmp directory and are displayed in the form as expected. However, when posted to the production site, the thumbnails do not appear in the default /-lib/temp directory and are not visible in the form ( the full size images are still available when clicking on the image link, that should have been the thumbnail). We have checked the tmp directory permissions and made sure that they are full open for read/write for all users.

    Looking for any insight on how to fix this problem. Thank You.

  • #2
    The paths between dev and prod are likely not an exact match. Compare the actual folder structure in both. For example you will likely have a "scriptcase" directory in Dev that isn't present in Prod, so if you are using relative paths (e.g. ../../xxx), you may be a level higher in prod than you think you are...

    When deploying (using Advanced) you can specify things like the actual image directories paths etc where they differ.

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by adz1111 View Post
      The paths between dev and prod are likely not an exact match. Compare the actual folder structure in both. For example you will likely have a "scriptcase" directory in Dev that isn't present in Prod, so if you are using relative paths (e.g. ../../xxx), you may be a level higher in prod than you think you are...

      When deploying (using Advanced) you can specify things like the actual image directories paths etc where they differ.

      "This does not seem to be a problem of the images being posted to the wrong path becasue the image and its thumbnail are posted to the same directory. It is just that the temporary directory in the development environment has both the image and its thumbnail whereas the production environment only has the image file and not the thumbnail file. It looks like the code that is responsible for generating the thumbnail is not acting properly."

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by amo View Post
        It looks like the code that is responsible for generating the thumbnail is not acting properly.
        Well, without more detail as to the code behind thumbnail generation it is hard to possibly help?

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by amo View Post
          We have image fields (stored in database) in a form that are set to show reduced size thumbnails of the images. All is fine in the development environment where the images and their thumbnails appear in the tmp directory and are displayed in the form as expected. However, when posted to the production site, the thumbnails do not appear in the default /-lib/temp directory and are not visible in the form ( the full size images are still available when clicking on the image link, that should have been the thumbnail). We have checked the tmp directory permissions and made sure that they are full open for read/write for all users.

          Looking for any insight on how to fix this problem. Thank You.


          Hello.

          I ask that you send the application along with the table, so I can check.
          Send to my email: l.farias@scriptcase.net

          Suporte Scriptcase.
          Leonardo Farias

          Comment


          • #6
            We have image fields (stored in database) in a form that are set to show reduced size thumbnails of the images. All is fine in the development environment where the images and their thumbnails appear in the tmp directory and are displayed in the form as expected. However, when posted to the production site, the thumbnails do not appear in the default /-lib/temp directory and are not visible in the form

            Good morning!
            The files of tmp folder not are sent in a deployment.
            Therefore, your folder is empty.

            You have that upload all image files again after deployment or copy the image files of the tmp folder of the development for the production environment.

            I await his return.

            Álvaro Moura.
            Scriptcase team.

            Comment

            Working...
            X