Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [SOLVED]sc_concat: No subselect possible

Hi
    i want to show in a select field, how many rooms free. For that, i need a subselect:

Code:
    SELECT `Zimmer`.`ZimmerId`, sc_concat(`Zimmer`.`Gebaeude`,': ',`Zimmer`.`ZimmerNr`,' (',(SELECT COUNT(`ZimmerId`) FROM `TnZimmerLnk` WHERE `TnZimmerLnk`.`ZimmerId`=`Zimmer`.`ZimmerId`),'/',`AnzahlPersonen`,')') FROM `Zimmer` ORDER BY `Zimmer`.`Gebaeude`
    This not work. If i do the same statement with a concat instead of sc_concat, everything work?

What is the advantage of sc_concat compared with concat?

Best regards
    Steve

Originally posted by stephanw View Post
    Hi
    i want to show in a select field, how many rooms free. For that, i need a subselect:

Code:
    SELECT `Zimmer`.`ZimmerId`, sc_concat(`Zimmer`.`Gebaeude`,': ',`Zimmer`.`ZimmerNr`,' (',(SELECT COUNT(`ZimmerId`) FROM `TnZimmerLnk` WHERE `TnZimmerLnk`.`ZimmerId`=`Zimmer`.`ZimmerId`),'/',`AnzahlPersonen`,')') FROM `Zimmer` ORDER BY `Zimmer`.`Gebaeude`
    This not work. If i do the same statement with a concat instead of sc_concat, everything work?

What is the advantage of sc_concat compared with concat?

Best regards
    Steve
    Not sure, but sc_concat is a scriptcase macro and that doesn't interpret the inner code between (). You're using MySQL? concat looks as a valid sql statement for me, but it is not supported for every database. The advantage of using sc_concat would be portablility.

But actually, I'm very pleased by your post, as I always overlooked this possibility.
    Albert Drent
    aducom software netherlands
    scriptcase partner, reseller, support and (turn-key) development
    www.scriptcase.eu / www.scriptcase.nl

Comment

Hello,

I simulated the problem and I am replaying to our development team.

Thank you!
      Last edited by John L. Santos; 04-20-2015, 10:28 AM.
      Best Regards,
      John L. Santos

Bug Tracker Team
      NetMake - IT Solutions

Comment

Hello,

The sc_concat macro does not support for subselect. For this you must use the CONCAT function of your database.

Example:

SELECT productid, CONCAT(productname, ' - ', (SELECT COUNT(*) AS Total FROM orders)) as amount
        FROM products
        ORDER BY productname
        Best Regards,
        John L. Santos

Bug Tracker Team
        NetMake - IT Solutions

Comment

Working...
        X