Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why is Toolbar missing until you refresh the frame it is in?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why is Toolbar missing until you refresh the frame it is in?

I have raised this before, but still not had a good answer as to why this happens. Currently in v8 (47), but it's been like this from day 1.

I have a form which is master / detail - it has a "detail" grid - see image below:

pre-enable.JPG

As you can see the detail grid's toolbar is missing. I have workaround to get the toolbar (and "edit" pencils on the rows) to appear, via a Javascript button labelled "Enable Edit of project Hours". This has the following JS in it (from previous forum help from fabulous 'casers):

Code:
    document.getElementById('nmsc_iframe_liga_grid_tblprojecthours').contentDocument.location.reload(true);
    Clicking that button causes the toolbar and pencils to appear (see second image below - Hallelujah!). I can also make them re-appear without clicking that button. Instead I can right-click in the frame but outside the grid itself - and choose from the context menu (in Chrome) "Reload Frame". Both methods have the same positive effect.

post-enable.JPG

The thing is why is that necessary as it's pretty crap for users to have to do that? If I could force it to refresh on loading then I could live with that, but adding that code within any of the obvious events (either in the master form, or the detail grid) seems to have no effect.

I know 8.1 is imminent - but don't hold out much hope for this particular issue. Any thoughts people?

Normal behaviour is without toolbars and pencil. I noticed this behaviour too.
    If appears, It's a bug. There aren't any official reason why you are forced to use forms as detail, when I need almost all the time grids. Its scriptcase.

My kingdom for grids as detail.
    /Giuseppe

Professional Scriptcase Services
    Some Customers opinions

Comment

Originally posted by Giu View Post
      My kingdom for grids as detail.
      Indeed!! :-)

Comment

Working...
      X