Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

multi-language hints in forms and menus ?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• multi-language hints in forms and menus ?

I work and live in a country who needs to have tools in three languages.
    So my projects are all multi-language and that works great but i don't find the way how to have my hints in forms and menus also in multi-language.
    Did i missed something? Or is this a lacune in wonderfull Scriptcase?

Originally posted by vroefkens View Post
    I work and live in a country who needs to have tools in three languages.
    So my projects are all multi-language and that works great but i don't find the way how to have my hints in forms and menus also in multi-language.
    Did i missed something? Or is this a lacune in wonderfull Scriptcase?
    What you could try is defining your helptext in the translation table, i.e. {lang_myhelp} and use this variable in the hints. But it's not a great working method as it is very time consuming. Something to improve by SC for sure!.
    Albert Drent
    aducom software netherlands
    scriptcase partner, reseller, support and (turn-key) development
    www.scriptcase.eu / www.scriptcase.nl

Comment

Ja thanks Albert, ik dacht het zoal, but i will give the time consuming solution a try.

Comment

I think i was a little stupid. Now i create one complete application in one language needed. Then i copie it, change it in another language and so on.
        Then i create a dashboard applicationwith all the possible languages on. So its multilanguage also with hints, menu-messages and all other possibilities working in the chosen language. Its not really what i mean with multi-language, but it works with a litle more time copying.

Comment

Originally posted by vroefkens View Post
          I think i was a little stupid. Now i create one complete application in one language needed. Then i copie it, change it in another language and so on.
          Then i create a dashboard applicationwith all the possible languages on. So its multilanguage also with hints, menu-messages and all other possibilities working in the chosen language. Its not really what i mean with multi-language, but it works with a litle more time copying.
          Of course this works, but I hope you won't have to do a lot of structural changes to your application as you have to repeat it for each version you have.... I would go for the translation option...
          Albert Drent
          aducom software netherlands
          scriptcase partner, reseller, support and (turn-key) development
          www.scriptcase.eu / www.scriptcase.nl

Comment

Ja Albert, ENERZIJDS ... ANDERZIJDS kennen ze bij ons in de politiek ook héél goed, i'm of a certain age, retired as you know. My website creation is for amusement also. i'll continue exploring the amazing scriptcase. As you said before, sc is not for children its really a proffessional enormous fild with possibilities.
            So i have still a long way to go. Once i worked with "code charge studio 5" too, well its normal that they stopped with further development of it. Scriptcase is x times better.

Comment

Well Albert, i have done this the {lang_myhelp} solution and its not so time consuming and it works perfectly, so thanks again. The other "solution" risk as you said to pose some problems by holding the applications up to date.

Comment

Working...
              X