Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mobile view does not insert records

Hi,
    I'm having a serious issue! I want to start a form-app in insert mode so I use the sc_apl_conf("appname", "start", "new"); macro at OnApplicationInit. This works fine in a browser but the mobile view does not insert any records! It starts in insert mode but inserts nothing after save...

Originally posted by HakLin0816 View Post
    Hi,
    I'm having a serious issue! I want to start a form-app in insert mode so I use the sc_apl_conf("appname", "start", "new"); macro at OnApplicationInit. This works fine in a browser but the mobile view does not insert any records! It starts in insert mode but inserts nothing after save...
    Does the problem still remain if you invoke sc_apl_conf in the calling (preceding) app?

Comment

Originally posted by scriptcaser View Post
      Does the problem still remain if you invoke sc_apl_conf in the calling (preceding) app?
      Yes, it does.
      But using the insert button from edit mode works. But that is not an option...
      Thank you!

Comment

Yes, it does.
        But using the insert button from edit mode works. But that is not an option...
        Thank you!
        If you sc_apl_conf from the calling app, it should open in New Record mode. But SC can be unpredictable at times.

If not, have you tried simply removing the "Save" and "delete" buttons from the toolbar of the form? If you need them, you can call the macros to display them again after submit of the record.

Comment

Hi,

It does start in insert mode as it should, but does not insert any records after pressing save/insert. I have tried removing and adding buttons of all sorts and also setting a filter that creates an empty record set so that it start in insert mode automatically, but no luck!

As I said, it works in a browser but not in mobile view (_mob.php)...

Comment

Hi,

It does start in insert mode as it should, but does not insert any records after pressing save/insert. I have tried removing and adding buttons of all sorts and also setting a filter that creates an empty record set so that it start in insert mode automatically, but no luck!

As I said, it works in a browser but not in mobile view (_mob.php)...
            My apologies, forgot that was the whole point.

You might have uncovered a genuine bug.

Your issue made me test one of my forms configured to start in "New" mode, just to be sure the mobile version is working. Confirmed it inserts correctly but I was only using the method of excluding "New" from the toolbar hitherto. So I placed sc_apl_conf in the AppInit and regenerated and had your exact problem: no record insert and no error message. I commented out the sc_apl_conf and still same. Only on deleting it out entirely and regenerating did it eventually work again.

Based on this experience, I can only suggest you look for how to do this without the sc_apl_conf, perhaps re-doing the app from scratch if need be.

Comment

Thank you,
              I made a Controlapp and a manual post for now...

Comment

Working...
              X