Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problem uploading image with dash in filename

My version: 8.1.006

I have an image (database) field on a form. Works like a charm unless the image's filename has a dash in it. Underscore works fine.

Is there a work around for this?

Thanks
    Ed

With a dash getting an error amazes me. That should work fine. There a re a few other characters that can make a mess too like & for example.
    Are you deploying on linux or on windows?
    Which Sc version?

I reported this including the solution and the fix that needs to be done on the deployment already before on this forum.
    Why sc still hasnt fixed this properly even tho I gave complete solutions is beyond me tho..

Comment

I develop on windows, but deployed on linux. The error occurred on Windows.
      Ed

Comment

Hi, probably is happening the same like me, the images loads but the thumbnail is not generated because the spetial character, in my case is the parentheses, but the image loads (I'm using the file upload mode)

Comment

I think this is a bug. And I hope they will fix it soon.... Do please be aware that your chosen characterset for the database and the webpages needs to be correct.
          So please check that your charactersets are set properly. There are various filename conversions being done by the scriptcase standard code namely.

Comment

Working...
          X