Page Layout - Design Process Guidance needed

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Page Layout - Design Process Guidance needed

I am still pretty new to Scriptcase, so please just nudge me in the right direction.
    When working on web applications for my clients, many times they give me a general page layout that I put into code.

I have one such layout attached to this question. I know how to create blocks, but I have no idea how to get a this layout working in an application.
    Do I use the Container application? I don't see a way to create the rows that span both columns.
    I can't put a container inside another container.... so how do I go about making this?

This is to display information about a single "product" in their database and each section looks into different tables for data all tied to the same item code.
    Thanks for any pointers!

PageLayout.jpg

Scriptcase will generate his forms itself. You have some influence, but very limited. But it depends on how severe this is. Suppose you would use a very popular lib like bootstrap. Than the forms will be responsive and you can't rely on a designed form.
    Albert Drent
    aducom software netherlands
    scriptcase partner, reseller, support and (turn-key) development
    www.scriptcase.eu / www.scriptcase.nl

Comment

Originally posted by aducom View Post
      Scriptcase will generate his forms itself. You have some influence, but very limited. But it depends on how severe this is. Suppose you would use a very popular lib like bootstrap. Than the forms will be responsive and you can't rely on a designed form.
      Explain more please....i am also interested in this

Comment

Originally posted by luckyelms View Post
        Explain more please....i am also interested in this
        There is not much to tell. In the days of standard programming visual design was very common, and a form looked exactly as you designed them. In the html world things work differently. Users expect forms to be shown on pc's and mobile devices, thus the forms need to adapt to the resolution of the device. Then we have different implementation of html(5), javascript etc. so the real looks of an application might be different under the several browsers.

Within scriptcase the lay-out and the freedom of design is limited. That can be a weak point, as you might want more flexibility, it can also be a strong point as it keeps the interface consistent. As owner of a software development company I 'teach' our customers that we will try our best to come close to what they want, but that there is a big difference in desktop and webapplications and that there are limitations in what we can and cannot do..
        Albert Drent
        aducom software netherlands
        scriptcase partner, reseller, support and (turn-key) development
        www.scriptcase.eu / www.scriptcase.nl

Comment

UX Design example.jpg

hope that helps... let me know

Comment

Thats interesting then.... i will keep that in mind.

Comment

Thank you so much for these responses and the guidance.
              This is one of those things where I see so many options I am not sure which direction to head in.
              Let me spell it all out and see if anyone can suggest their method to achieve the results my client needs.

As long as my client see's their data I think the design of the forms isn't really that big of an issue...... so here goes.

I have several tables in a database like:

Products (RecNbr is Primary Key for each product)

ProductSpecs(Product RecNbr assigned to each spec)
              - Multiple specs per product (Like Color, Weight, Shape, etc.)

PriceSheets (Each Cost Price comes from different sources but has the Products RecNbr assigned into it)
              - Multiple Cost Prices for each Product

AliasProducts (Again linked to Product via Product RecNbr)
              - Multiple Alias Products per Product

Warehouse (Warehouse Code and Product RecNbr with Qty Avail)
              - Multiple Warehouses per Product

Docs (Products RecNbr assigned per document)
              - Multiple Documents attached to each Product... like Image, PDF file, Word Doc, etc.

So as you can see in one "Header" (Product) I need to display multiple details (Specs,Prices,Alias,Docs,Warehouse) about that product.
              Im not sure how I would go about putting multiple grids on one screen.... I can lookup individual values and insert them into a field via the events, but I don't understand how I would build this.

Can someone offer guidance? Thanks!

Comment

This falls under the realm of answering my own question...... but maybe it will help someone else one day.

I don't know why but I thought I was limited to one set of details for each Master Grid..... but I'm not! So now the challenge is getting the details grid to look like its part of the data and not a smaller version of the grid.... I just wish I could get rid of that gap at the top.... any ideas?

Thanks.
                Screen Shot 2015-09-10 at 1.18.04 PM.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by yourguide View Post
                  This falls under the realm of answering my own question...... but maybe it will help someone else one day.

I don't know why but I thought I was limited to one set of details for each Master Grid..... but I'm not! So now the challenge is getting the details grid to look like its part of the data and not a smaller version of the grid.... I just wish I could get rid of that gap at the top.... any ideas?

Thanks.
                  [ATTACH=CONFIG]2388[/ATTACH]
                  Try this or play with this: goto settings and change to width to 100% and margin = 1 (up, down left & right or as needed)

Comment

Working...
                  X