Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

how to update data dictionry on production?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• how to update data dictionry on production?

Its the first time I work with it,and I have no experience. I searched on doeums, but didnt found anything about this.

If I do changes to the data dict labels , how can I update it in production servers?

Imagine I add a new lang, french, and I translate all the dict, now I want to uodate my priduction system with this new lang
    /Giuseppe

Professional Scriptcase Services
    Some Customers opinions

Interesting question. I have just started using the data dictionary and application language modules myself. I would think that if you add another language and do the translation that you just need to regenerate all your application and redeploy them to the production environment. I do not think that the dictionary as such is needed in the production environment, but I may be wrong as I have not come that far yet.
    Best regards,

Frank

Comment

Originally posted by Orion View Post
      Interesting question. I have just started using the data dictionary and application language modules myself. I would think that if you add another language and do the translation that you just need to regenerate all your application and redeploy them to the production environment. I do not think that the dictionary as such is needed in the production environment, but I may be wrong as I have not come that far yet.
      What I would like to avoid is to redeploy all the project
      /Giuseppe

Professional Scriptcase Services
      Some Customers opinions

Comment

Well, perhaps one does not need to redeploy the whole project, but just all the applications. My experience is that even a deploy of all applications is quite fast compared to a full project deploy that also include all the SC files.

I suspect that the translations are merged into the generated application files, so there is no way around regenerating and redeploying it.
        Best regards,

Frank

Comment

Working...
        X