No announcement yet.

Quicksearching dates

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quicksearching dates

Can Quick Search be used with date fields?

Entering a date in quicksearch in a grid doesn't return the corresponding records .

Also, if I edit the grid and in "Search>Quick Search>Select Fields" I select only dates fields, the quick search box will disappear from the grid when run.
    Last edited by robydago; 02-08-2016, 04:55 AM.

I was trying to accomplish the same thing, with no success.

Possible Workaround: Adding the date field to a dynamic search and selecting appropriate criteria.

Some of the search criteria (at least for dates) seems strange - either a bug or a feature, depending on your view

If you want to search for records between certain dates (date 1 -> date2), if seems that the logic is >= date1 and < date 2. So to include date2 records, you would need to add a day to the end date2 to include those records.

Perhaps someone else has a better experience with quicksearch (or a better workaround).

Originally posted by robydago View Post
      Can Quick Search be used with date fields?
      Quick search can not directly handle date fields, but you can use quick search and advanced search on the same grid. As a workaround for quicksearch you can use a select statement with a date field and format that as a text string ... .
      Best regards: - Reinhard -

I use ScriptCase 8 Enterprise Edition, Version 8.(latest)

Your workaround is a good idea.
        Still it would be much better if quicksearch worked with dates.