mod_fcgid get overlap result error

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mod_fcgid get overlap result error

Hi. i am trying to set up my production environment. I used this guide provided from SC team which is this one
    https://suporte.scriptcase.com.br/in...p-56---windows

as suggested by them i skipped the part regarding zend guard loader because i am setting up a production environment (i have SC on another environment)

I used
    httpd-2.4.18-win32-VC14.zip php-5.6.18-nts-Win32-VC11-x86.zip (as suggested from the team) mod_fcgid-2.3.9-win32-VC14.zip because in the guide is spedified to use only 32 bit versions. My production environment is Windows server 2008 R2 SP1 CPU cpu is Intel Xeon X7350 (2 processors) on a virtual machine. the problem: Apache starts but php does not. with an index.php supposed to print a simple Hello!! i get a 500 error all the times. in the error.log from Apache24/logs i always get this.

[Fri Feb 19 09:19:46.226657 2016] [fcgid:warn] [pid 2220:tid 780] (OS 109)Pipe terminata. : [client ::1:49464] mod_fcgid: get overlap result error
    [Fri Feb 19 09:19:46.227634 2016] [core:error] [pid 2220:tid 780] [client ::1:49464] End of script output before headers: test.php

teh sc team told me to use this:
    php-5.6.18-nts-Win32-VC11-x86.zip. but my cpu is Intel Xeon X7350, could be this the problem? should i use
    php-5.6.18-nts-Win32-VC11-x64.zip instead?

can anybody help me please?

Thanks
    Last edited by mhanu70; 02-19-2016, 06:34 AM.

something important i didn't mention is that my production server is a virtual machine belonging to an Active directory domain.
    There must be something between fcgid_mod and Active directory.

I erased from httpd.conf these lines suggested by the guide, in order to prevent apache from loading the fcgid module and see what happens:

LoadModule fcgid_module modules/mod_fcgid.so
    FcgidInitialEnv PHPRC "c:/php"
    AddHandler fcgid-script .php
    FcgidWrapper "c:/php/php-cgi.exe" .php

Without these lines i finally managed to see my index.php. If i add the lines again, the problem appears again.

any suggestion to this problem? has anybody encountered this problem?

Thanks

Comment

Actually I don't understand. I never ran into trouble getting SC apps alive. All it requires is a functional webserver like apache and IIS and a qualified php install with database. Then just create a dir in the rootfolder for you application and upload ALL with full libs into your production dir. Then setup your database, usueally a cleaned variant of your development database. Then start your application. It should respond with a login page to your environment where you have to define your connection to your database. That's all. Please describe your steps and where it goes wrong. I realy don't see what acive directory has to do with this.
      Albert Drent
      aducom software netherlands
      scriptcase partner, reseller, support and (turn-key) development
      www.scriptcase.eu / www.scriptcase.nl

Comment

Sure Albert. here is what i did:

I am trying to set up my production environment which is a virtual machine attached to an Active directory Domain. The OS is Windows Server R2 Sp1 64 bit. cpu is Intel Xeon X7350 (2 processors)

Since it is my first Sc deploy i wanted to do things well so i contacted the guys from scriptcase.net in order to have a list of things to do.

They suggestsed me this guide https://suporte.scriptcase.com.br/in...p-56---windows since in my development environment i am using the last version of SC so it is better to use php 5.6.

As suggested by them i have skipped the part of Zend guard loader from the guide because, in their words, "this tutorial can be used to set a development environment or a production environment. the only difference is that you can ignore the zend guard loader part when you are setting a production environment"

I followed strictly the guide and i have:

1) Installed this: vc_redist_x64/86.exe.

2) Then used these packages:

Apache: httpd-2.4.18-win32-VC14.zip
        php: php-5.6.18-nts-Win32-VC11-x86.zip (as suggested from the team)
        mod_fcgid: mod_fcgid-2.3.9-win32-VC14.zip

Before to proceed with mysql installation i said: ok let's check if apache and php are working, and here starts the pain.

Apache works (It Works!!) but everytime i try to launch a php file (a simple index.php with "hello) i have a 500 error as in the screenshot i have attached. At the same time in in the error.log from Apache24/logs i always see these two lines added:

[Fri Feb 19 09:19:46.226657 2016] [fcgid:warn] [pid 2220:tid 780] (OS 109)Pipe terminata. : [client ::1:49464] mod_fcgid: get overlap result error
        [Fri Feb 19 09:19:46.227634 2016] [core:error] [pid 2220:tid 780] [client ::1:49464] End of script output before headers: index.php

So, to try to understand i erased from httpd.conf these lines suggested by the guide, in order to prevent apache from loading the fcgid module and see what happens:

LoadModule fcgid_module modules/mod_fcgid.so
        FcgidInitialEnv PHPRC "c:/php"
        AddHandler fcgid-script .php
        FcgidWrapper "c:/php/php-cgi.exe" .php

result: without those lines i finally managed to see my index.php, but If i add the lines again, the problem appears again, so there must be something related to that module. By digging deeply the web (4 days) i found this post https://www.apachelounge.com/viewtopic.php?p=18440 were they talk about a probelm related to Active directory and ACL.

It is a very old post and the problem should be fixed with the new version of the mod_fcgid i have used (2.3.9) and yet i can't imagine anything else. after digging 4 days this is the only explanation i have found. Running out of ideas.

One last thing my c:/php and c:/Apache24/htdocs have (among the others) the everyone group set to full access (to exclude any permission issue too)

Thank you very much for your time.

Emanuele
        Last edited by mhanu70; 02-19-2016, 12:23 PM.

Comment

Install uniformserver and enjoy.
          /Giuseppe

Professional Scriptcase Services
          Some Customers opinions

Comment

Thank you. I did not know it. From scriptcase. NET suggested me to do this way: install SC on the production server and then remove scriptcase folder from wwwroot, this way i should have an apache and PHP environment properly configured by SC. You think is a good idea?

Also. Does uniform server need some specific setting (PHP.ini) after the installation in order to run projects from SC?

Thank you

Comment

Originally posted by mhanu70 View Post
              Thank you. I did not know it. From scriptcase. NET suggested me to do this way: install SC on the production server and then remove scriptcase folder from wwwroot, this way i should have an apache and PHP environment properly configured by SC. You think is a good idea?

Also. Does uniform server need some specific setting (PHP.ini) after the installation in order to run projects from SC?

Thank you
              You don't need any specific configuration in php.ini to get scriptcase apps working. Just a working PHP (well, mbstrings and others extensions are needed, but all servers has it enable by default).
              On UniformServer you can choose between 3 different php*.ini preconfigured. Production, Testing and Development IIRC.

The way SC suggest is installing apache, php from scratch because they should to suggest this. Bundled WAMPs ar community driven projects, and maybe tomorrow is discontinued, and SC info is outdate then. Speaking about SC documentation, Apache+PHP is the standard way and always will work.

Today, unless you need some kind of complex configuration, is not worth IMHO. UniformServer, WAMP, XAMPP, you have a lot of bundled WAMPs (Windows-Apache-Mysql/MariaDB-PHP) out there that does the job. I like UniformServer. But all are the same. If you don't need mysql in your bundled, because you have it installed, or you need other RDBMS, then just don't start mySQL service in the WAMP pane and it's done. Zend Guard is only needed if you plan to install SC itself. SC needs Zend Guard extension enabled to work, because SC is encrypted with it.

I suggest you to work and deploy under php 5.6.
              /Giuseppe

Professional Scriptcase Services
              Some Customers opinions

Comment

OK then.
                I will have Mysql environment by using the community bundle from oracle because i prefer to work with workbench and also uodates. Then i will use uniformserver for just apache and PHP.
                I only have still to understand if the guide they provided me (the one in the first post) is right or not for a production env. You know for the future...
                Thank you again.

Comment

I would follow the advise here as the support of scriptcase itself is not always accurate. We run scriptcase applications on our own servers using Uniform and we don't have to do anything special to get things running. That is, you need to set _lib to 777 when configurating your database connection and set it back to 644 afterwards. Uniform contains apache with a production setting (look at .htconfig in the root as after install you get security errors), mysql, and php.
                  Albert Drent
                  aducom software netherlands
                  scriptcase partner, reseller, support and (turn-key) development
                  www.scriptcase.eu / www.scriptcase.nl

Comment

i guess 777 for windows system is traduced in everyone group having the right to write, read and execute isn't it?

Comment

i used the last uniform server is around and it ships with php 7.0.2. I thisnk is not compatible with sc..the deployed app behaves weird..Ajax aitocomplete does not work...to say the least.
                      Also Links from grid to form do not work properly
                      The very same apps work perfectly in my devel envirnment
                      should i use xampp instead?
                      Last edited by mhanu70; 02-24-2016, 01:13 PM.

Comment

Recently I faced the same error in a Windows Server 2008 R2 64x, getting a big 500 server error. This is how I resolved it.
                        1. Reviewing the apache logs I found "Pipe terminata. : [client ::1:49464] mod_fcgid: get overlap result error"
                        2. I created a simple html file. After accesed it via browser, apache loaded it without any problem. So, the error is was only present in php files and not in apache itselft.
                        3. I opened a command prompt I executed php -i giving as result a big dialog error: "the program cant start because MSVCR110.dll"
                        4. Then I installed the updated 4 of VS C++ 2012 here: http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/downl....aspx?id=30679 using x86 version
                        5. Restarted apache.
                        6. Done

Conclusion: the error cause was the missed of VS C++, once installed everything looks good.

Comment

Thanks but i have installed the same (vc_redist_x64/86.exe.)

i don't know if it has been upadated lately (after february this year), but as far as i can see the publish date is 11/20/2013 so it should be the same package

Thanks

Comment

Hi, mhanu70. I had many troubles using IIS + PHP on Windows Server 2008/2012. I know you're using Apache, but maybe some of this can point you into the right direction:

* Use Dependency Walker, a free utility, to check if PHP is using some missing DLL. Maybe the DLL in a folder not added to the path. Check your PHP folder is added to the system path.
                            * I assume that you don't have IIS running?
                            * Are you using the right architecture (32/64 bits?) for every component involved?
                            * Is Apache running under a user account or a system account? Does this account have rights to read the folder where PHP and the DLL's are?

Regards...

Comment

Originally posted by tfertil View Post
                              PHP folder is added to the system path
                              This is very very important. Check the PATH var and see if php path is correct and unique.

Comment

Working...
                              X