X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MYSQL inserting real values

Hello,

This must be easier than I think.

I have a form that has a bunch of fields that do select statements to retrieve there data...Example customers field pulls in the customers into a drop down to select from.

This all works good but I would like to save the true values of the selects into the database table instead of the linked id's that its currently saving. Example: (Linked value:100). 100 is actually "Walmart" and I want the value "Walmart" saved in the database not "100".

I don't want the linking values to change the master table after the fact if say a customer detail is changed. I want that committed record to stay frozen without any changes.

How can I do this?

Thanks for any help.

For that you must create a field type varchar o text and to this field set it type automatic select with your statement sql select my-description, my_description from mytable ......
    so SC saves your description in a field type varchar.

Comment

Hi Alvagar...... Not sure if I follow?
      I have a field in my database table called "technician" and it is varchar. The field technician in SC is set to select and I have my select statement that pulls in all the technician names which works good. However, SC saves the technician name by its ID # in this case "3" instead of the technicians name. Can you explain in finer detail what you mean?

Comment

You is setting yor select with ID of customer. You Must set it with the name: example SELECT CUSTOMER_NAME, CUSTOMER_NAME FROM your table. (both with the customer_name).

Comment

Working...
        X