Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Getting the current windows logged in user

Hello Group,
    I'm writing and Intranet app and so would like to check the current windows logged in user. I have tried getenv('username') to no avail.
    This is probably child's play for you SC experts.
    Any help would be appreciated.
    Bill

You basically can not get anything form the local machine where the web browser runs on. Unless that data is given. So a local username which is local on that machine can not be obtained. So you can not get a file unless you uplaod it, you can not get an environment variable unless it is given via the browser etc..

Comment

Thanks for the reply rr.
      This is an Intranet application. I really don't want to have the user login again to use this app since they have already logged into their computer.
      Is there another way that I can find out what user is logged into the computer so I can grant them certain permissions for this app without the need to re-login?
      If they must login again I guess we can do that but they don't have to do that for my MS Access program that this is replacing.
      Thanks,
      Bill

Comment

Some web server + client browser combinations can be setup to perfom transparent SSO with Windows domain accounts.
        Or at least that was possible some time ago.
        I don't know if with the latest versions of all components this is still doable.

Comment

Hello Rodydago,
          I will investgate this transparent SSO..
          Thanks for the reply.

Comment

Working...
          X