HELPCase - problem

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HELPCase - problem

I purchased a license extension in the hope that helpcase will work properly. Unfortunately it was disappointing :-((
    The new settings are elementary helpcase generator and in CSS lacks any description. I think that paid product should have the basic parameters of the minimal standard level!

Please Scriptcase team to answer:

1, Option - The Display breadcrumb navigation not working !
    2. When I click on any option in menu content, then open all options
    Where this option can be set?
    3. How can you change the icons in helpcase ?
    4, where I find at least a basic description of the CSS settings?

Originally posted by seman View Post
    1, Option - The Display breadcrumb navigation not working !
    2. When I click on any option in menu content, then open all options
    Where this option can be set?
    3. How can you change the icons in helpcase ?
    4, where I find at least a basic description of the CSS settings?
    1. Indeed the script is generating an error, preventing the display of the breadcrumbs.
    We will fix this, meanwhile I can give you a temporary fix until we release this correction to the public (there are a few other issues that I found while verifying this)
    If you want a fast correction to this:
    Locate the file "helpcase_name".htm (example: myHelpcase.htm).
    Locate the start of the <script> tag
    Write inside this tag:
    Code:
    var obj_tag_name = 'body';
    2. I am not sure if I understood the option you're talking about. Can you reformulate your question?

3. You can change all icons using css, icons from the jstree itself and the "Home" icon.
    Although It can be done this way by altering the style sheet, It should have an easier way to do this, so I'll note it down and make the changes when possible.

Meanwhile, heres what you have to do.
    a) Go to "_images", hit the upload button and add the new icons you want. (in my example: icon1.png (its a 300 x 300 pixels image)
    b) Go to Config -> CSS and change, for example, the node from:

Code:
    li.jstree-leaf > a .jstree-icon { background: url("files/img/leaf.png") 0px 0px no-repeat !important; }
    to
    Code:
    li.jstree-leaf > a .jstree-icon { background: url("_images/icon1.png") 0px 0px/20px no-repeat !important; }
    this means the image will start 0 pixels from left, 0 pixels from the right and have the size of 20 pixels.
    More information about this css property here: http://www.w3schools.com/cssref/css3_pr_background.asp

Same can be made for other icons, it's definitely not simple, and i'll make changes in a near future to improve this.

4. Unfortunately, the basic helpcase css is not documented in the manual. The little information about its css is described as comments in the css itself.
    IŽll brief the team in charge of the docs, so they can update the missing info there and make it easier to the users.

Sorry for all your trouble, we'll be improving those details when possible, if you have any further questions or doubts, be my guest.
    Regards,
    Cavadinha

Development Team
    Netmake - IT Solutions

Comment

Dear Cavdinha,

Thanks for responding, helped me very :-) . In 2. queuestion, please visit our help at:

http://46.19.33.36/queuestats/_lib/w...Stats_Help.htm

When clicking on any choice, always open all options in the tab menu.

Regards,

Comment

Hey seman, i'm really sorry about this, either it is too obvious and I can't "see" it or I am not sure that I understand what your problem is.
        I've visited your help and it seems to be working as intended (with exception of the breadcrumb).

When I click in a folder, it opens only the one I've clicked.
        Regards,
        Cavadinha

Development Team
        Netmake - IT Solutions

Comment

Originally posted by Cavadinha View Post
          Hey seman, i'm really sorry about this, either it is too obvious and I can't "see" it or I am not sure that I understand what your problem is.
          I've visited your help and it seems to be working as intended (with exception of the breadcrumb).

When I click in a folder, it opens only the one I've clicked.

hello cavadinha,
          i was searching for helpcase and got here, first time using it and i have a lot of questions, i know it should not be posted in this thread, just please bear with me
          1- page _home.hmtl is always the first page, why i can't change it ? to something like "index" or "start" is it mandatory to have this _home and forced to have it the first page of the helpcase?
          2- few months ago, i read about the guys saying that helpcase manual will be forced to be in the menu!! is this done? i mean i tried it but there was no auto-link added to my menu!?
          3- by default, will it be linked automatically to any thing in the project? applications? menu? etc...?
          4- what possible ways to add the helpcase to the project? is it by linking it manually to the menu? any other way?
          5- no language check available in the editor? specllcheck i mean
          6- any place that i can read more and more about helpcase?? i want more information about all the helpcase issue please...
          7- one more thing, once i rename or navigate any file or folder in the helpcase, it keep loading/loading...and nothing comes up!
          Last edited by MikeDE; 06-11-2016, 12:38 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by MikeDE View Post
            hello cavadinha,
            i was searching for helpcase and got here, first time using it and i have a lot of questions, i know it should not be posted in this thread, just please bear with me
            1- page _home.hmtl is always the first page, why i can't change it ? to something like "index" or "start" is it mandatory to have this _home and forced to have it the first page of the helpcase?
            2- few months ago, i read about the guys saying that helpcase manual will be forced to be in the menu!! is this done? i mean i tried it but there was no auto-link added to my menu!?
            3- by default, will it be linked automatically to any thing in the project? applications? menu? etc...?
            4- what possible ways to add the helpcase to the project? is it by linking it manually to the menu? any other way?
            5- no language check available in the editor? specllcheck i mean
            6- any place that i can read more and more about helpcase?? i want more information about all the helpcase issue please...
            7- one more thing, once i rename or navigate any file or folder in the helpcase, it keep loading/loading...and nothing comes up!
            1 - Yes, always the first page. It's just the name of the file. It doesn't matter if it's called "_home", "start" or "xaxaxa", despite that, you can customize it like any other page.

2 - Where did you read that? I don't think this is implemented.

3 - AFAIK, you can link HC files to any application. Some apps can have multiple files.
            Example: A grid can have one help to the main search, other help to the filter, other help, etc...

4 - You can automatically link applications to files inside your webhelp (the manual the helpcase generates), in the link button inside the helpcase tool.
            You can also have multiple webhelps in your project. So you can link manually, link it through the tool, use it to document your own software, etc.

5 - TinyMCE's spellcheck plugin went rogue and is dead. Browser's one doesn't work because of the context menu. We may add an option to enable / disable context menu if necessary (thus allowing browsers default spellcheck) in the near future.
            But for now, no, it doesn't work.

6 - http://www.scriptcase.net/docs/en_us...-documentation (Not sure when, but it'll gain an update to add more details to its documentation)

7 - Every action you do inside HC, an ajax call happens. If you toy with the files directly from the explorer, or if you perform actions too quickly it may require you to exit and re-enter the tool (will jam the menutree plugin).
            If this doesn't work, each helpcase has a "refresh" button near the menu.
            Regards,
            Cavadinha

Development Team
            Netmake - IT Solutions

Comment

thank you Cavadinha,

one last question... just say if this is true or false..
              I'm working on helpcase for my project, i don't want to link it to any application.. i just want to add it as a menu item... should i just design it and add a new button in my icons and add the link to it? or what you suggest? I don't want scriptcase to add automatic icons to helpcase...

please how it is linked by default, and how i can link it to menu instead of link it to individual applications... thanks

Comment

This is what I did to add helpcase to a button on my menu ..
                In the LINK field of the menu button, just add the URL.

Comment

Here is what I did with helpcase,

It got me very nervous and irritated, many errors, delays, keeps hanging when building, not much customization, and found not reliable, not stable.. the only power it has that you can link to individual applications easily, which I don't require.

So i used other 3rd party software doing web manual and there is difference like from A to Z. I linked it to menu also easily by adding the link

Sorry SC guys, it is just not working well, I guess you should not release it with all this instability, either do it good or don't do it at all, quoting Albert

Finally is helpful criticism, just until Cavadinha promised changes applies in full

We are waiting...

Cheers
                  Last edited by MikeDE; 07-20-2016, 05:58 PM.

Comment

Working...
                  X