V8 whats missing... :confused:

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• V8 whats missing... :confused:

Does anybody else think that V8 is half complete?

V8 of scriptcase has a new application theme or style, once again changing the icons in such a short time. Would be ok if it was only completed. Many of the views are still in the old style, horrid looking and not any easier to use. The same style which has been used on the main interface should of been applied everywhere. At least to provide some kind of consistent layout and theme of scriptcase itself.
    Other than real improvements or additions to a team based working platform there is nothing for the lone developer other than a better image manager. The new image management is much simpler, easier and faster to find those icons or images I want to use. Which is for me the only benefit of the new version.

I would of really liked some of the easy to add additions that have been requested over the last year or so for a new version.
    Such as...
    More Quick Insert Codes so that I dont have to keep going back to my text files just to find my piece of code to start a new clean application, or for data import from an excel or text/csv file (something I am still struggling accomplish), auto db backup or something similar, calculation snippets even. There are so many snippets that could of been added that would be so helpful in our daily work when using events.

Application Theme advanced edit has some new drop tabs which seems to be more helpful on smaller screens, but on my desktop I still have so much real estate available and would prefer a complete view. Nothing has really changed there, customization of theme is still missing most CSS3 properties, meaning we are still stuck with images for a custom interface and colors.
    Header creation is still a nightmare, stuck with tables and still no html editor or real creator to ease my pain.

Does anybody else think that V8 is missing something? Then say something and let the people at scriptcase know, maybe we be lucky and have some helpful additions!
    There many other simple improvements to enhance and speed up our development time.

Partly agree. There are lot of things to improve, lot of things thath seems half implemented, but I "understand" they have to satisfy the wishes of a lot of customers, and NetMake is not so big.

I know there are things to come, but time to release prevent to appear on first V8 release.

This is not an excuse for NetMake, but we have to wait a couple of months to bugs be solved and see new things implemented.
    /Giuseppe

Professional Scriptcase Services
    Some Customers opinions

Comment

Always the same: a new version is grandly announced, this is then given out as a beta version and in half a year it is so reasonably usable ...

See you later .
      Best regards: - Reinhard -

I use ScriptCase 8 Enterprise Edition, Version 8.(latest)

Comment

Originally posted by RHS View Post
        Always the same: a new version is grandly announced, this is then given out as a beta version and in half a year it is so reasonably usable ...

See you later .
        Agreed. Spend soooo many time in an attempt to improve this but it was down the drain. They never learn :-(
        Albert Drent
        aducom software netherlands
        scriptcase partner, reseller, support and (turn-key) development
        www.scriptcase.eu / www.scriptcase.nl

Comment

Hi all,

in my opinion all the pdf report generator section would need to change radically. It runs a mega .exe file within the server directory .
          My hosting provider for istance do not allow to run .exe file on server side and so I can do any export PDF, XLS and so on ...
          I'm not a technician but I think that it could be possible to avoid these problems using another php application or giving the oppotunity to be compliant with other famous report writer applications like iReport/Report Studio di Jaspersoft or Birt or similar ones.
          Bye
          Giovanni

Comment

Hi,
            I'm also a little disillusioned and to a degree cautious. I lost a lot of work when moving from version SC5 to SC7, so once bitten, twice shy. For the time being I continue with SC7 and will only "test" SC8. As has already been mentioned, SC8 seems to be beta anyway.

Problems already confronted, but not solved:

Project conversion (SC7 to SC8) fails; http://www.scriptcase.net/forum/show...n-Frustrations
            Online update fails (hasn't worked for months anyway (SC7)); http://www.scriptcase.net/forum/show...date-fails-%28
            ADDED: mysql connection doesn't work for me (linux client to linux server)

And what seems to be the modern trend, there is greater focus on eye candy than functionality.

All in all, not a good start...
            Last edited by GuiGuy; 08-14-2014, 09:24 PM.
            The GuiGuy
            ... from Down Under

Comment

Funny that there has been no comment from a scriptcase member, I wonder if they even care...

Comment

Originally posted by jamieO View Post
                Funny that there has been no comment from a scriptcase member, I wonder if they even care...
                Well, there's another approach possible. If you have documented questions (who hasn't ;-) you can signup for the next webinar where SC (Marcia) with technicians will answer questions. You can post your questions on the forum thread and subscribe.

Again, I think that SC *does* care, but it still needs a better organisation of things. English devs are on the forum now, they are organising Webinars for issues, they only need to open up an english bugtracker.
                Albert Drent
                aducom software netherlands
                scriptcase partner, reseller, support and (turn-key) development
                www.scriptcase.eu / www.scriptcase.nl

Comment

Originally posted by jamieO View Post
                  We do.
                  I try to read threads that seems important, pass some feedback along but I can't read all neither keep answering to all threads.
                  But i'll try to take some launch time to check it here.
                  Regards,
                  Cavadinha

Development Team
                  Netmake - IT Solutions

Comment

It's not needed all threads, but bugs,reporting back info.

Bit still insist on a bug tracker public read only,just partners has write permissions.
                    /Giuseppe

Professional Scriptcase Services
                    Some Customers opinions

Comment

Working...
                    X