convert project from v7 to v8 - problem

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• convert project from v7 to v8 - problem

i made a copy of the scriptcase 7 into the SC8 directory wwwroot in my new server. In the conversion tool i give path of v7 , server, database , user, code
    and then i get the message
    *** error access SC_TBPRJ V7 = Table 'mogdb.sc_tbprj' doesn't exist

(mogdb is the name of my database)

Any suggestions?

After that i import the v7 project from an exported file (project.zip) and i make deployment and setup of the database. It works but there are problems with graphics and buttons. Is there a process to convert a v7 project to v8 with the use of the backup file of the v7 project?

thanks

Hello,

Please contact our support team as a trial user.

regards,
    Bernhard Bernsmann

Comment

Problems to convert v7 to v8 project manualmente

Originally posted by bartho View Post
      Hello,

Please contact our support team as a trial user.

regards,
      Bernhard Bernsmann
      Dear. As an application of properly migrate to sc7 sc8?
      I did the pied indicated in step 1 to convert application on the same machine
      and says message incorrect path or not exists and I can not continue.

I've also tried exporting from sc7 and then import it into sc8
      but this way the application does not work correctly with the
      css name are different and problems with pictures of the project. both in menu
      and grid app.

Comment

you have to copy the sc7 scriptcase dir into the dir of sc8..../NetMake/v8/wwwroot (note that you have to rename the SC7 dir to something like scriptcase7). And now you will have into the wwwroot dir of SC8 a dir named scriptcase and another dir named scriptcase7. After that give the full path of .../NetMake/v8/wwwroot/scriptcase7 at the conversion tool .

Comment

Originally posted by cm4 View Post
          you have to copy the sc7 scriptcase dir into the dir of sc8..../NetMake/v8/wwwroot (note that you have to rename the SC7 dir to something like scriptcase7). And now you will have into the wwwroot dir of SC8 a dir named scriptcase and another dir named scriptcase7. After that give the full path of .../NetMake/v8/wwwroot/scriptcase7 at the conversion tool .
          That's tedious. And it didn't work. I've given up now. WIll continue with SC7
          The GuiGuy
          ... from Down Under

Comment

Hello you guys,

I will try to help you out on this conversion process, to migrate the projects from v7 to v8 all you need is give access to scriptcase version 8 to the scriptcase version 7, if you are able to make a full copy from your v7 and put it in the same wwwroot folder from v8 it will go with no problem.

Export applications from v7 and import it back on v8 will not work, there is no such recommendation.

Let me know if i can help you guys out with anything.
            Best regards,
            Carlos Lacerda.
            ScriptCase Commercial Manager.

Email: carlos@scriptcase.net
            Visit our Blog: http://www.scriptcase.net/blog/
            Visit out fan page: http://www.facebook.com/Scriptcase

Comment

Originally posted by carlos View Post
              H

Export applications from v7 and import it back on v8 will not work, there is no such recommendation.

then we need to permanently move to sc8 in order to have our projects of v7 go into v8?!? i have now both sc7 and sc8 working on the same machine, and that is good for me, what is the best practice if i want to migrate one from sc7 to v8? is it important to migrate by the wizard that included in the sc8? only?

Comment

Obviously, you have to use the conversion wizard to pass from V7 to 8. But you can still continue working on both in the same machine if you want.
                /Giuseppe

Professional Scriptcase Services
                Some Customers opinions

Comment

ok will try that after feel sc8 is somehow is stable, now many essential issues that prevents me from using it for production projects.

Comment

You can have both installations working on the same machine after the conversion, the v8 installation must access the v7 installation database in order to proceed with the conversion, that is how the conversion is done.

I think version 8 is quite stable, give a try!
                    Best regards,
                    Carlos Lacerda.

Comment

stable!! oh Carlos, i can't call it stable yet, sorry, i love it, specially the mobile compatibility seems ok, and still optimistic, but a lot of tiny stuff yet, big problem that i started a project on sc the second day of launching and run into aaaaal bugs one by one loool now until 006 still some of them essentials, and some just tiny can be handled, the others may have workarounds or accept as is

Comment

Buddie,
                        Can you list some of those bugs so I can check the status on then?

Thanks
                        Best regards,
                        Carlos Lacerda.

Comment

carlos!!! check the bugs forums, it is full
                          here are from my side so far, i will include what i noticed from other users as well
                          - update function does not work for mobile (form, single entry)
                          - integer field can't align to left in search (grid)
                          - in summary: date sorting issue see here
                          - container application doesn't have back button, makes it impossible to add it a project that will be used in mobile application
                          - menu application icons alignment never get adjusted
                          - dynamic search and dynamic group selecting fields did not work (although, this might be from my side only)
                          - the new chart application yet needs a lot of options, like choosing the labels, right now is only writing "Records" in Y and X, can't be changed
                          - the new chart also doesn't have back button
                          - log module doesn't store some events, for example update event of a from
                          - upload limit is not working unless change all the domain php.ini, this is not practical, even there is an option in the application section of SC but doesn't work, nor if assumed is asking for byte, kb, mb... not clear, and does not work
                          - phpsendmail function is totally missing, and it is foundemental thing of PHP
                          - cache for production environment and re-entry to PROD to select and create connection is disaster, this way who first uploads the _lib will never think of updating it again, it will then keep asking for connection is not set..etc
                          - chart app can't align to center if selected to show in "another page"
                          - chart can't handle 2 values in line shows comparison or tradeline of 2 things as in time line
                          - auto complete stopped working after the latest update 006
                          - problem in security module see this
                          - general problem in security module (from before) that is including the removed applications anyway, and small small stuff we discussed earlier in v7
                          - capture link does not filter see this
                          - more issues in menu application see here

see much more here http://www.scriptcase.net/forum/show...iptCase-8-Bugs
                          if you have time, read some thoughts in pages 8, 12 and see the discussions
                          moreover, many people did report only once, then did not hear from them, they might had their problems solved, or not, nobody knows, a public bug tracker can solve all that

all the best

Mike

Comment

I can`t convert apps from v7 to v8. I followed the tutorial, all this steps and I didn`t get my SC7 apps in SC8. May I convert each app once a time?

I`m very frustrated with this issue. I stop using Scriptcase a month ago.

any solution?

Comment

Originally posted by gangulo View Post
                              I can`t convert apps from v7 to v8. I followed the tutorial, all this steps and I didn`t get my SC7 apps in SC8. May I convert each app once a time?

I`m very frustrated with this issue. I stop using Scriptcase a month ago.

any solution?
                              hi gangulo,
                              what you use instead?

Comment

Working...
                              X