Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MySQL PDO?

Hi all,

There are a question I don't fully understand, and in documentation is not clear.

Captura.JPG

For MySQL we can choose between 3 options. I understand maybe diference between Transactional and don't transactional, but, what is the benefit of choosing MySQL PDO?

AFAIK PDO is a "persistence" library, but under SC you use SC macros. Don't understand the meaning of using PDO. Probably I don't seeing something.

Regards.
    /Giuseppe

Professional Scriptcase Services
    Some Customers opinions

PDO is another way of accessing the database. In fact it's an ODBC kind of connection, you define the connectionstring and then you have a database independent solution if you need to deploy your application on another type of database. The only thing is that you need to have a pdo driver for your database installed. I prefer in my private php apps using PDO as it requires you to 'prepare' your sql statement and there's no danger for sql injection.
    Albert Drent
    aducom software netherlands
    scriptcase partner, reseller, support and (turn-key) development
    www.scriptcase.eu / www.scriptcase.nl

Comment

Originally posted by aducom View Post
      PDO is another way of accessing the database. In fact it's an ODBC kind of connection, you define the connectionstring and then you have a database independent solution if you need to deploy your application on another type of database. The only thing is that you need to have a pdo driver for your database installed. I prefer in my private php apps using PDO as it requires you to 'prepare' your sql statement and there's no danger for sql injection.
      Hi Albert. Yes, I understand, but .. again, you use SC macros on SC apps. I understand using PDO versus others options developing pure PHP apps, but don't trully understands under SC.

Regards.
      /Giuseppe

Some Customers opinions

Comment

Gui,

We needed to left this option open for users who need to use their own programming on blanks or any other type of application that allows this type of programming.
        Best regards,
        Carlos Lacerda.
        ScriptCase Commercial Manager.

Email: carlos@scriptcase.net
        Visit our Blog: http://www.scriptcase.net/blog/
        Visit out fan page: http://www.facebook.com/Scriptcase

Comment

Thanks Carlos.
          /Giuseppe

Some Customers opinions

Comment