Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Communication with Netmake regarding to Bugs reported by SC community and politics.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Communication with Netmake regarding to Bugs reported by SC community and politics.

Hi ALL,

I wrote shot mail to Marcia regarding community problems. I hope that few things will change.
    You can found communication below.

-- cut -- mail to Marcia

Treść oryginalnej wiadomości --
    Temat: Fwd: "ScriptCase 8 - Bugs" update
    Data: Mon, 25 Aug 2014 15:51:52 +0200
    Nadawca: Projekty [ Wapinski.us ] <projekty@wapinski.us>
    Adresat: Marcia Araujo <marcia.sales@scriptcase.net>

Hi Marcia,

We (community) discussed many times about facts that SC developer team don't realise ours request and suggestions regarding bugs.
    You creating new version of SC with old bugs from older version. I would like to know what is the politics regarding to this.
    Support should cover things whom l can not do rather than errors which evolves in SC.
    I hope you understand the difference. I do not want use my package free payed ticket to the reporting of errors that occur in SC.
    This approach is not acceptable. I hope that you move this topic to the conversation with the heads of Netmake.
    If you do not notice the problem shall you read this forum and many referrals from previous ignorance of the company is unacceptable.
    It will soon impact on your profits from the sale. Do not corrected errors inc SC cause the situation, that my clients do not want me to pay.
    Because customers do not pay me, investment in the SC does not return to, is unprofitable.

So I wonder whether to ask for cash back.

This is not just my voice, this is the voice of whole SC Community and Partners.
    I would like to know if you are going to plan meeting between community and Netmake to discuss what changes are needed.

I look forward to a constructive reply.

Regards,

Darek Wapinski vel daretzki
    SC8 Proffessional.

-- cut --

Reply from Marcia

Treść oryginalnej wiadomości --
    Temat: [#ZEO-576-66033]: Fwd: "ScriptCase 8 - Bugs" update
    Data: Mon, 25 Aug 2014 19:49:07 +0000
    Nadawca: Márcia Araújo <sales@netmake.com.br>
    Odpowiedź-Do: sales@netmake.com.br
    Adresat: projekty@wapinski.us

Hello Darek,

Thanks for your email and feedback.

We are aware of each bug posted on forum, we have people moderating the comments, I talk everyday with Giuseppe, Bartho and Albert, they send me these feedback too.

It is normal that a new version have things to correct, the spend 2 months testing Scriptcase internal and externally, however it is very complex problem, people run Scriptcase for different purposes, after the release we launched 5 updates basically with bugs fixing, all based in customers feedback.

Last week we did a meeting about the forum and we will probably change the approach. It is important to have your feedback and to know that people are not happy with it, I will delivery this information to our CEO.

The best way for you to report bugs is to send them to bugs@scriptcase.net this email goes directly to development, they test the bug and add to the mantis for correction by priority.

Kind Regards,
    Márcia ARAÚJO
    Sales Team

marcia@scriptcase.net
    Phone: +5581-4062-9298
    Toll free: 1-800-925-0609[/B]

--- cut ---

--- cut ---

I asked Marcia if I can share mail from she.

--- cut ---

Marcia's answer:

---cut ---

Sure you can share. After your email and also Giuseppe's we went through the threads to check the unsolved bugs, some of them were solved already and launched on the last version from yesterday. Maybe to need to work harder on the forum, the feedback you enter there is very important.

Thanks for your cooperation. Please me contact me directly if you have something bad like this in the future Darek.

Kind Regards,
    Márcia ARAÚJO
    Sales Team

marcia@scriptcase.net
    Phone: +5581-4062-9298
    Toll free: 1-800-925-0609

www.scriptcase.net

Ticket Details
    Ticket ID: ZEO-576-66033
    Department: Sales
    Type: Dúvida
    Priority: Cr

---cut ---

Whole communication between Marcia and me will be pasted there.

daretzki

Hello there buddie,

I not sure if you noted but since the beginning of week I'm helping out with the forum, since then I got 2 devs to post up some reply at the forum and this will happen more often, my job now is do not make any post without a reply. Sorry for the delay we took to make this
    Best regards,
    Carlos Lacerda.
    ScriptCase Commercial Manager.

Email: carlos@scriptcase.net
    Visit our Blog: http://www.scriptcase.net/blog/
    Visit out fan page: http://www.facebook.com/Scriptcase

Comment

I'm famous
      /Giuseppe

Professional Scriptcase Services
      Some Customers opinions

Comment

hi Carlos, yes i noticed your join, and we are glad for that actually, even noticed all guys are around, John, Albert, Jsb, Giu, big names

simply, the way that SC works is great, if those bugs and problems got fixed, and open currect line of bugs/suggestion, I think it will be software number 1 ever, it has everything it needs, with some good "management" how to sort things out, will make the business and life easier for everyone..

Carlos, special request, in the other thread (scriptcase 8 Bugs, the sticky one) I know it is long one, but we had a discussion with Giu, Albert and other guys, I suggest some notes, please just read them and suggest to guys in netmake, specially the re-categorization and the e Learning stuff and the BUG TRACKER FOR PUBLIC this will make everyone happy, bugs will not be repeatedly reported, will sort out all problems, make priorities, make people know that you know about them and you are fixing, do priority based on needs for fixes, and most important to save the time of every one not to search a lot.... along with strong documentation center... please, just read that and consider, it is from end-user point of view an good practice that can centralize things and make most of people happy, while forum/discussion are important to share ideas, help and discus things, but others are important to take place like the bug tracker, suggestions portal and other said points

uh, again, i typed long, my bad

Comment

Hello Darek, first of all let me introduce myself, I'm Eloy Cavadinha, I'm part of the development team.
          Thank you for helping us improve our software, we are concerned with all problems our users might experience and we'll work hard to fix improve and fix any pending issues.

That being said, I'm glad to say that we, from the development team, will start to narrow down the communications with the community.
          This process will be slow, but we'll try to improve the speed on bugs fixes, and hear out carefully some suggestions here and there.
          Regards,
          Cavadinha

Development Team
          Netmake - IT Solutions

Comment

Originally posted by Giu View Post
            I'm famous
            Only for 15 minutes
            The GuiGuy
            ... from Down Under

Comment

Originally posted by GuiGuy View Post
              Only for 15 minutes
              Come on GiuGuy, let him be happy he is good though, deserves all the best

what makes me happy that we see someone from the development team around, that is good point, promising one, perhaps does things better

good luck

Comment

I welcome any improvement of SC support on this forum and beyond. It's great that SC is trying to reach a higher quality standard and I have some hints.

- Create a English bugtracker to prevent issues reported twice. What you report on your Portuguese dev. Mantis is of no interest to the community.
                - Keep track of resolved issues so that we can look at them to see if they are really resolved.
                - Start from your community a decent Beta team. The deployment of virtual untested new versions with loads of issues is bad advertizement.
                - You have a large English community. Take care that your support team supporting these people know English. Employees who do not understand English should be kept at the Portuguese community. I have very ridicule answers from them and I'm not the only one.
                - Stay with this forum and community. I've seen different SC devs come here for a short while and they soon vanished in smoke.
                - Fix issues until SC is rock solid and then start developing new features.
                - Create a roadmap and publish. The community would like to know!

I can think of some other things, but these would be great for a start ;-)
                Albert Drent
                aducom software netherlands
                scriptcase partner, reseller, support and (turn-key) development
                www.scriptcase.eu / www.scriptcase.nl

Comment

Thanks for the welcome and feedback.

Unfortunatelly I just can't share some type of information, but let me give you some feedback.
                  1) The bugtracker idea was discussed more the once, but this idea isnt mature yet, maybe we can accomplish this later. For several reasons it might be good and bad (e.g. security).
                  2) We're upgrading our test servers so we'll be able to hard test more bugs in a higher speed and also we keep a changelog wich is posted in the changelog section.

I'll try to wander around this forums whenever I can, so you'll for sure see me around.
                  Regards,
                  Cavadinha

Development Team
                  Netmake - IT Solutions

Comment

Originally posted by Cavadinha View Post

Unfortunatelly I just can't share some type of information, but let me give you some feedback.
                    1) The bugtracker idea was discussed more the once, but this idea isnt mature yet, maybe we can accomplish this later. For several reasons it might be good and bad (e.g. security).
                    2) We're upgrading our test servers so we'll be able to hard test more bugs in a higher speed and also we keep a changelog wich is posted in the changelog section.

I'll try to wander around this forums whenever I can, so you'll for sure see me around.
                    Point 1 is easy solved. Guest are read only, and write permissions just for partners, for example.
                    /Giuseppe

Professional Scriptcase Services
                    Some Customers opinions

Comment

Originally posted by Cavadinha View Post

what security? these are bugs, need to be corrected, people will talk about them all over the forum, if put in bug tracker they will be counted once and voted, SC guys will act even more quickly and solve based on their assessment, then if they see it "security issue" they may go faster and do that point first!

there was a suggestion from Giu and Albert to build bug tracker on their own, why don't you just help out? let it be third party, link it to sc.net domain and suspend the bugs forums.. let them as partners report the final outcome to you... after that, "if proofed ok" you can implement the same and move to SC servers as part of the community

in short, bugs in forums, this way, is almost useless.... or even if it helps, it will consume time for SC development team and for us as well, e.g. i will not search 20 pages to see if someone reported it or not using other spelling or using different scenario, then even if i see, when i feel nothing happened about it, then i will reply or create new thread with the issue, again and again, still nobody knows if this is confirmed, SC knows about it, or time-frame to be fixed.. so other people will do the same... and so on!

see that major companies do this practice, it is much better for everyone, Cavadinha

Mike

Comment

yes, if it's security issue than I again offer to open our mantis for this purpose. You can even use this forums user/psw combination in Mantis for authentication, so no need for new registrations.
                        Albert Drent
                        aducom software netherlands
                        scriptcase partner, reseller, support and (turn-key) development
                        www.scriptcase.eu / www.scriptcase.nl

Comment

Originally posted by aducom View Post
                          yes, if it's security issue than I again offer to open our mantis for this purpose. You can even use this forums user/psw combination in Mantis for authentication, so no need for new registrations.
                          God bless you Albert.

Comment

Agree with Albert.

Ok Guys from Netmake, please write date on each point, when we meet our requirements

- Create a English bugtracker to prevent issues reported twice. What you report on your Portuguese dev. Mantis is of no interest to the community.
                            - Keep track of resolved issues so that we can look at them to see if they are really resolved.
                            - Start from your community a decent Beta team. The deployment of virtual untested new versions with loads of issues is bad advertizement.
                            - You have a large English community. Take care that your support team supporting these people know English. Employees who do not understand English should be kept at the Portuguese community. I have very ridicule answers from them and I'm not the only one.
                            - Stay with this forum and community. I've seen different SC devs come here for a short while and they soon vanished in smoke.
                            - Fix issues until SC is rock solid and then start developing new features.
                            - Create a roadmap and publish. The community would like to know!

or give me procedure how can I obtain a refund of cash for SC.
                            I am bored yours answers and I am going to back to normal classic codding without SC - than I will be able to meet my client's deadlines.
                            Yours standarts are more than poor. I don't never hear about commercial product which will have so poor support like SC.
                            Please upload SC Project to GitHub - community will correct all bugs and than you can get it back to yours secure environment.
                            Yours bussiness team will be satisfied, you will have less work and everybody will be happy.

daretzki
                            Last edited by daretzki; 09-05-2014, 03:02 PM.

Comment

SC's name should be changed in next version: SCLYWW - ScriptCase Let Yours Workaround Work 9.

Comment

Working...
                              X