Problem converting ACCESS DB in V 8.00.0006

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problem converting ACCESS DB in V 8.00.0006

In the first Versions I tried to use the new converting method within SC and it worked like a charm.
    Now I tried it with the last two Versions and I always get the message that no Tables were found. Being sure there is a table, has anyone an idea what I am doing different or wrong?
    Target is an mySQL DB, as I tested it with the first SC 8 Versions.

BR

Eric

Eric, version 007 is out, but not yet known what was fixed or what is the changlog (I checked the changelog forums as for now, nothing there)... or what is next on their list, as always, update (mostly manual update, cz auto update works occasionally only) then try things out, the rest is on your own chance, if you are lucky or not

Comment

Unfortunally it still does not work, same result, so there was no hidden bugfix

Comment

curious, why don't you convert this stuff outside of SC Eric!? just thinking...

Comment

I don't understand what are you trying to do, and how
          /Giuseppe

Professional Scriptcase Services
          Some Customers opinions

Comment

Of course I did it with pma, but the new data convert tool has the advantage of converting access db, which might be much more easier ...

Comment

ok if you say that previous version was working as you want, then use that one on another PC or virtual PC

i know, it is another workaround to workaround a bug that was working fine without workaround

Take the positive side guys, SC is fantastic, lets you speak with yourself, for example: few days ago, when i was waking up in the morning, before washing, i was thinking of the update of record that is not working only on mobile but works on desktop, and how to workaround a button which is needed for a mobile app to navigate, but can't use it because it is useless and will force the user to be stuck in the middle of the navigation... so forced to abandon the sc_redir cz of that....... Eric, did you forget how long took me and you to figure out why the attachment was not sent!? cz of the variable is not reached to the event!?

meanwhile, i really like how it works, i just hope to fix these tiny things and keep their bugs organized and moderated, monitored, tested not to be repeated, give deadlines or approx deadline to fix, put roadmap, prioritize the issues as per the users and the needs and importance...etc.

but also to be honest, if anyone can tell us about some other tool can do all what sc does, i would be happy to test it... finally, talking to myself is good sometimes loooool

Comment

I can only + 1 that. The product has a great potential, but use it where it has it strength. It doesn't do all, it just decreases the total development time. And yes, some of the profit is lost because of (sometimes irritating) bugs but overall it develops way faster than down on earth with bare php/css and html. But you still need to code your businessrules as always, so don't expect that you 'click' the application together, you won't. And sometimes you will find issues where you have to work around because SC simply doesn't support that. But (and I keep on repeating it I know) SC could be lonely at the top if support was organised better. The first dev with decent english here. Wauw. I'm always optimistic, I hope SC will continue to make that progress.
                Albert Drent
                aducom software netherlands
                scriptcase partner, reseller, support and (turn-key) development
                www.scriptcase.eu / www.scriptcase.nl

Comment

Just was wondering that it worked with the first version and now it is telling me something like "not tables found". Can someone confirm that or is it a problem on my machine?

BR

Eric

Comment

Working...
                  X