Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Send Variable from Control to PDF - HELP

Hi Guys

I have a control application setup with images as a selection, each selection opens a PDF and should send the created variable to the PDF, which it doesnt...
    If I set debug and all script errors to ON I dont even get any errors displayed... the errors do display if I run the control or PDF separately where everything of course works 100%, but then when I make a selection in the control app and get directed to the pdf I get a not found result.
    The variable is configured in the control app and set to post out which all seems to be working fine, I don't think the PDF is grabbing the var, even thou it does request it when run separately.

Will explain again to be sure its understood.

Control application, with image linked to pdf
    - Var setup to post out

PDF
    - var requested on separate run and works, when select from control no record.

Could really do with some help on this, any ideas? more info what ever let me know pls.

Has some export of the app and SQL to do some testing?
    /Giuseppe

Professional Scriptcase Services
    Some Customers opinions

Comment

Hello,

If you create a new global variable in the Record event of PDF, and put the value of control variable to her, it works in the PDF code.

Example: ( in OnRecord Event):
      [global_variable_of_pdf] = [global_variable_from_control];
      --
      ScriptCase Team

Comment

Hi Giuseppe
        Did I understand correctly, u want an export of the entire app and sql to test it?

Comment

thx, will give that a go, had only tried with local variables between the control and pdf.

Comment

Originally posted by jamieO View Post
            Hi Giuseppe
            Did I understand correctly, u want an export of the entire app and sql to test it?
            Yes, or just the app itself. Sometimes helps to take a look.
            /Giuseppe

Some Customers opinions

Comment

Originally posted by Giu View Post
              Yes, or just the app itself. Sometimes helps to take a look.
              do you want to send us a dropbox lshare or something and can upload the file for you, or maybe send us ur email and i will that also.

thx

Comment

Send me a PM with a link if you want, but, did you tried what Ronyan suggested?
                /Giuseppe

Some Customers opinions

Comment

Working...
                X