No announcement yet.

Do you use SC8 for production? Please contribute, takes 1 minute from your time

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do you use SC8 for production? Please contribute, takes 1 minute from your time

hi guys, we all know SC8 is -yet- full of bugs and errors, which sometimes prevents main functions from working for end user,,, i'm really curious if anyone used it in production? and if he found something wrong after it was fixed then bugs appear again, production on server for tens of users.. what to do!?

is it better to go permanently to SC7? should we have a long hibernate and wait SC guys to fix them all? should we keep patching workarounds and accept the small issues we face?

I'm adding small poll to this thread, please let us know your feedback, I hope SC guys understand some end users daily experience

thanks in advanced

Mike
    Never used it at all
    7.14%
    Never used it for production project, using SC7
    0.00%
    Tried it for production, turned me down, going back to SC7
    21.43%
    SC8 is full bugs, can't rely on it for production
    14.29%
    I Prefere SC7, less functions but less bugs as well
    7.14%
    Tried it, playing with it, but not considering it for production project
    0.00%
    Will never consider for production, after 9 releases under ver8, I give up
    14.29%
    SC8 has some errors and bugs, i use in production with workarounds
    35.71%
    SC8 is great, absulotely no erros (u must be using only very basic functions, explain please)
    0.00%
    Last edited by MikeDE; 09-23-2014, 05:03 PM.

I am using SC 7, Ver 8 has much problems. I am waiting for bugs be fixed.

Comment

Silly me, i put the sc8 ver into production and my customers complaint like hell.
      Now back in sc7

Comment

perfect choice kakibox

Problem for sc7 is mainly on mobile the navigation for security does show all items even if user has no access to that...

This one is considered critical for sc7 otherwise, if you are not using on mobile at all, i think you will be fine with workaround

by the way guys, anybody could manage to make this menu work with security on SC7? not to show not-permitted items to users? as far I searched all complained about this and there was not workaround... anyone could?

Comment

We are currently setting up a production site with SC8 for two applications. Main production sites are still in 7. Next friday there's a Q&A webinar, and I think you should post some of your questions there. This is the best chance to get into contact with the devs. See the stickie posts in webinar forum. SUBSCRIBE ALL.

That SC is releasing before a decent beta test is old news, they do that all the time. Only after months it will get stable enough to work with. That's why we are currently setting things up for 8, as we expect that the most irritating bugs will be solved between now and the end of the year. That's 4 months after release which is normal (for SC). It's not something I like and have discussed with them over and over again, but the SC management simply never learn.
          Albert Drent
          aducom software netherlands
          scriptcase partner, reseller, support and (turn-key) development
          www.scriptcase.eu / www.scriptcase.nl

Comment

Originally posted by aducom View Post
            That's 4 months after release which is normal (for SC). It's not something I like and have discussed with them over and over again, but the SC management simply never learn.
            Fair enough, believe me i tried all ways to communicate with them, if they are not caring, tt is useless... i'm one of the users who -if without your workaround guys- i had go give up so long back, then when learned some tricks, could manage.. but to an extend..

One thing makes me really go crazy more than others is when new release is out, expecting some fixes, but brand-new bugs appear and a bonus, the old bugs that are supposed to be solved are out again!

Problem is I need the mobile compatibility... SC8 has nice aspects, they just need to care more about priority... can you believe it that summary doesn't work! it makes it worthless for some projects! I swear it was working fine in previous SC8 version but can't go back because that version has other bugs...

How i know if i continue with a project with 100+ applications that in the middle or about to go live doesn't come new version that destroy all what built and make you feel really bad with your end users how will you feel about your time waste and that you will be wasting in stress to try figure out what to do next? that is ugly Albert, this is not good way of management...

Few days ago, I advised one friend to purchase it, when he said there is no SC7 available to purchase, I said run away dude, imagine, SC8 is put as mandatory to buy for new users and have all this issues!! videos published online makes it look like a peace from heaven for new developers....

Simply.. if this is European or American company that care about continuity of the business on the long run and meanwhile care about the quality, will use the powers it has to gain higher in business level.......not the exact opposite as we can see...

Good thing that sales team is working perfect, even in marketing.. but dev team affects negatively... This reminded me with an old joke, that 3 men went to work at a small construction project... first one his job is to dig the whole, second one is to do the core fix, third one is to bury back the hole.... when they arrived at the location, first one done his job, second one was sick did not attend, third one burried back the hole and project was reported "done" to media grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr netmake it is not funny

Mike

Comment

Mike, believe me, Giu and I have put a lot of effort in trying to get the QC standards up. The Brazilian way is not the western way. Problem is that sales knows this and agrees,but the dev's appearantly are a lot of nerds who only want to do nice stuff. Fixing bug is annoying. I own a small software company, we simply need to do things right. Bugfixing is not paying the bills, we do that for free (it's our own fault...). If we would release untested we would spend hours of bugtracking and we would be broke in a short time I guess. Delivering good quality simply pays off. (here).

Implementing the mobile stuff has broken things, that's for sure. I got the chance to test it just before my holliday and wasn't able to do so. But I would have had only one week before release. That's not beta testing in my view.

I keep with the standpoint that SC still is a great product with it's flaws. But QC must meet higher standards. No argue about that. It a great improvement that we have a webinar next friday where we can discuss q&a with SC sales and devteam. I invite everybody to take advantage of this. Not for pure complaining, that won't help and will send us back. But constructive. Post your questions (with the bugs) in the webinar thread so that the devs can answer them. Then we know which issues are taken care of and what priorities there are. This is the chance of a lifetime guys. Subscribe!
              Albert Drent

Comment

If we would release untested we would spend hours of bugtracking and we would be broke in a short time I guess. Delivering good quality simply pays off. (here).
                Neat and straight forward, thanks Albert.

For sure I'm subscribed and attending each Friday, next Friday should be a small war we may be able to change their prospective, hopefully

Cheers

Comment

You need another option:
                  Using SC6 learned my lesson when they released 7

Everyone knows the definition of insanity correct???

Comment

Originally posted by Kdriscoll View Post
                    You need another option:
                    Using SC6 learned my lesson when they released 7

Everyone knows the definition of insanity correct???
                    Not sure Kevin. Translated from Dutch we say that even a monkey doesn't hurt himself twice at the same stone. But let's keep things straight. @Mike, I don't think that if we all start complaining next friday we will achieve what we want. Imho it is best to start questions how to do things which appears to be a bug. It will make more impression than nagging. The last thing I want is that SC will never do a similar webinar. They have a listening ear finally, let's keep it that way. Believe me, SC is not happy with the situation. But they created it themselves so I don't feel pitty. But I like to be on speaking terms always.
                    Albert Drent

Comment

@Mike, I don't think that if we all start complaining next friday we will achieve what we want. Imho it is best to start questions how to do things which appears to be a bug. It will make more impression than nagging. The last thing I want is that SC will never do a similar webinar. They have a listening ear finally, let's keep it that way. Believe me, SC is not happy with the situation. But they created it themselves so I don't feel pitty. But I like to be on speaking terms always.
                      ok dear, no nagging, you are right, we want things to be right afterall, i am sure they are not doing this in purpuse, problem is they will have many questions and if they answered all it will take more than an hour.. however, lets see this experience... at least deliver our messages

Albert, did you manage to solve the security issue with mobile menu in SC7?

Problem for sc7 is mainly on mobile the navigation for security does show all items even if user has no access to that...

This one is considered critical for sc7 otherwise, if you are not using on mobile at all, i think you will be fine with workaround

by the way guys, anybody could manage to make this menu work with security on SC7? not to show not-permitted items to users? as far I searched all complained about this and there was not workaround... anyone could?
                      ??

Comment

Originally posted by itsme3 View Post
                        ok dear, no nagging, you are right, we want things to be right afterall, i am sure they are not doing this in purpuse, problem is they will have many questions and if they answered all it will take more than an hour.. however, lets see this experience... at least deliver our messages

Albert, did you manage to solve the security issue with mobile menu in SC7?

??
                        No, I'm not using the mobile menu. But despite I like the idea of removing items you don't have access to, the severity of the issue depends if access is refused when you select the item. If that is the case then it's not critical imho (but still not nice).
                        Albert Drent

Comment

no Albert, as far as I understood, the menu and the applications will be accessed even if the user is not authorized... if it is hiding the menus under conditional term in case the user doesn't have permissions, then it it somehow bearable... let me reach to this point later and will confirm it.. ideal is to hide the menu for those who do not have access..

works ok in SC8 OK perhaps at least we can get this workaround from SC guys, by your means please, so we can -at least-continue using SC7 until they finish "building" SC8

Comment

Albert ,
                            All I was saying is that the exact same thing happened last time when Sc7 came out.

The same issues always happens, release version, expect bugs, ignore most bugs.

I am at the point where I am done buying upgrades.

It's just their way of doing business.

IMHO

Comment

Originally posted by Kdriscoll View Post
                              Albert ,
                              All I was saying is that the exact same thing happened last time when Sc7 came out.

The same issues always happens, release version, expect bugs, ignore most bugs.

I am at the point where I am done buying upgrades.

It's just their way of doing business.

IMHO
                              I know Kevin, it wasn't being misunderstood. But I think that having heavy users like you on the webinar chat friday could make a difference. We all are in the same boat. I warned SC for this to happen :-(
                              Albert Drent

Comment

Working...
                              X