If (Kdriscoll == "heavy_user")
    {

sc_Mike_is ('criminal') 

}

else {

sc_Albert_is ('cool')

}

output: error SC8 bug appear

hehe just kidding... i think i've pressured SC7 and 8 hard enough for curiosity and understood their power... I remember first days when Albert saying "slow down Mike"

In general, it is really lovely and benefecial as we all know, great tool, the rest is debatable.

Cya guys on Friday, I guess we need to open our mics as well to gain time, otherwise, typing alone will make burriers and discussion may take longer

cheers

Comment

Albert said all.

Removing dust from my Delphi books
      /Giuseppe

Professional Scriptcase Services
      Some Customers opinions

Comment

Still working on project from a v7 conversion, have noticed quite a few issues if i go and change things from v7 such as events mainly, and all PDFs needed to be reworked so has been very time consuming fixing before launching the new version of the platform.
        Crossing my fingers all goes well, any suggestions? Other than not to use it
        Figured that by the time I finish it the bugs will be fixed if not all then most of them. Many have been fixed already, am disappointed over v8 but not surprised and hey am the dummy for paying it, so should at least use it right. If things go to hell on launch day I will be screaming here like a crazy person!

Comment

Originally posted by jamieO View Post
          Crossing my fingers all goes well, any suggestions? Other than not to use it
          Figured that by the time I finish it the bugs will be fixed if not all then most of them. Many have been fixed already, am disappointed over v8 but not surprised and hey am the dummy for paying it, so should at least use it right. If things go to hell on launch day I will be screaming here like a crazy person!
          Good approach Jamie, I was thinking the same... finish up using 7 then at the end convert to 8 when becomes stable (still nothing promising) and go from there, but as you can see, the surprise factor here is amazing, sometimes the old bugs appear again! other than new bugs with each release (bonus) this makes you scare before wasting time and putting in production then end up "screaming like a crazy person" as you said...

It is an open loop, discussed over and over without results, we all do see a public bug tracker will solve it all, but if SC guys don't care then nothing we can do... for example... i watch the whole bugs, i know what is fixed or not at the moment, what i can work with them even existed because i'm not going to use that function for example, then decide to go from there if converting sc7 project or even starting new one using 8. Deadline and road-map will give good idea about if we can use it to meet our deadlines or end up screaming... again, same loop, feeling sick of repeating it again and again

By the way, Giu, we are almost in 2015 dde, don't forget to use technology for dust removal, doesn't come with SC

Here you go

vac.jpg

Comment

Just going to jump in on this discussion to ask a question. I am a totally new Scriptcase user.... purchased V7... then got upgrade to V8.
            I assumed using V8 to build my projects would be the best idea so no need to convert later.... but from reading this thread am I to think it would be best to use V7 for my production systems that I need to build?
            I realize this is a matter of opinion... but since I have no experience I am hoping everyone on the forum would know whats best for me to do.
            Thanks.

Comment

The difficulty of answering that question is: it depends. I know that giu and itsme3 have some serious issues. But at the university we are creating a new application and so far no issues, but the app is pretty traditional. As aducom we created an application for a radiostudio which runs fine, a migrated quality system which runs fine but a medical dossier gives issues and we had to find some work-arounds. But that app is pretty complex and had issues in 7 too, although other issues. So in general it depends what you need to do if you will run into issues or not. SC is working hard to fix issues, so at the end things will work out. But if you need functionality which touches the problems....

But 7 has issues too.
              Albert Drent
              aducom software netherlands
              scriptcase partner, reseller, support and (turn-key) development
              www.scriptcase.eu / www.scriptcase.nl

Comment

Originally posted by aducom View Post
                So in general it depends what you need to do if you will run into issues or not. so at the end things will work out.
                Exactly. I say to @yourguide, give it a try, don't go production though, try also sc7... better to start with sc7 if you are not in a hurry, keep in the safe side, you must be able to convert later and go from there...

SC is working hard to fix issues
                hmmm i doubt it (just an extra little motivation

But 7 has issues too
                oh yeah, indeed, but much more stable than 8, the rest is about workarounds and your thoughts in how to create/manage things...debatable

Mike

Comment

Working...
                X