Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is it normal that i prefer SC7 than SC8????

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is it normal that i prefer SC7 than SC8????

Hello every body,
    i want just to know if you are like me, i prefer working with SC7 than SC8. SC8 interface is slightly sad.

There can be any reason to choose for V7 or V8 Ihmo, but the interface cannot be the main reason. Currently if you develop for mobile I would stay with 7 with the knowledge that there will not be any updates. The issues in 8 will be solved, although I have no clue how long it will take. We are developing large systems in 8 with no mobile component (well, it needs to run on tabs, but not on phones) and currently we do not have severe issues. But it's a fact that there are a lot of things in 8 to be solved and partly it's also about fixing bugs which are present in 7 and moved to 8. They will not be solved in V7 so finally you will be forced to make the move.
    Albert Drent
    aducom software netherlands
    scriptcase partner, reseller, support and (turn-key) development
    www.scriptcase.eu / www.scriptcase.nl

Comment

SC V8 has a lot of errors while SC7 version is more stable. i undestand to bilouchka. In mi case I have SC7 Installed.
      The question is if you wants works with version 7 while verscion 8 is fixed.

Comment

I understand Bilouchka very well. But I still think my answer is valid. We actually only work in 8 now and we don't have much issues. But that doesn't mean that 8 is better than 7 only that we don't touch them. However the bugs in 8 will be fixed (sometime but when...) in 7 definitely not.
        Albert Drent

Comment

Originally posted by aducom View Post
          However the bugs in 8 will be fixed.
          Catch ya

I don't agree with only one single in this post, that sc8 interface is ugly, can i correct this!? it looks better (to me) but the effects used to display stuff like to-do-list and the images upload are really not needed for developers, even take memory and cache for nothing, developers need stable strong fast environment, i usually change even windows visual effects and themes since windows 98, functionality and speed with quick response is the aim of developers but effects and nice layout stuff are for end users, that is my opinion

all other being said is true, including sc8 is full of bugs, oh yeah, i stopped using it and stuck to sc7 long weeks back, now happy with sc7 until they fix it as Albert says, then i will convert the projects, but hopefully the convert option doesn't have bug loool

Comment

Hi,
            Can I use 7 with my sc8 serial?

Comment

Originally posted by HakLin0816 View Post
              Hi,
              Can I use 7 with my sc8 serial?
              no, not the same serial, if you have sc7 serial use it normally, then install sc8 as different instance
              Last edited by MikeDE; 10-17-2014, 08:27 AM.

Comment

@MikeDE : SC has bugs, yes but SC7 has it too ...

Originally posted by aducom View Post
                We actually only work in 8 now and we don't have much issues.
                I'am use SC8 since version .007 ... That's stable enough. With bugs yes, but not unusable such as some user mean ...
                Best regards: - Reinhard -

I use ScriptCase 8 Enterprise Edition, Version 8.(latest)

Comment

Originally posted by RHS View Post
                  @MikeDE : SC has bugs, yes but SC7 has it too ...

I'am use SC8 since version .007 ... That's stable enough. With bugs yes, but not unusable such as some user mean ...
                  Hi RHS,
                  I guess it depends on what you are using in your project, basically many functions are working fine, but for specific things have bugs, and happens to need all of them in your project then it is full of bugs. As per v007 and later, many things were fixed, but before that, specially up to version 003 it was hell, see the bugs forum thread and note the dates of reporting.

When someone say is full of bugs doesn't indicate is not stable, as said before, depends on what you need to use in the project. I have pretty big project created with many functions using SC8, for other projects, i faced many issues with sc8 repeatedly so turned back to sc7... but finally will convert project to sc8 and use it, it is so nice after most of the bugs being fixed.

Comment

Originally posted by MikeDE View Post
                    [...] but before that, specially up to version 003 it was hell, see the bugs forum thread and note the dates of reporting.
                    My rule for new SC versions is simple: use it not before version .007 is out ...
                    Best regards: - Reinhard -

I use ScriptCase 8 Enterprise Edition, Version 8.(latest)

Comment

Originally posted by RHS View Post
                      use it not before version .007 is out ...
                      100%, i like your rule

Comment

I must confirm that we are using SC8 currently for our new development. But there are showstoppers for some of us, but to aducom it's stable and usable enough.
                        Albert Drent

Comment

Working...
                        X