Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• export of app

Hey guys

Since I updated to V8 I have been having issues with the export, as I haven't been trying to export all the time I have only just realized that its been like this since I updated to v8. For some reason its taking hours if not a day to get exported and that's if I get it exported at all. Keep having time outs and stupid error messages regarding coding used and such.

I have scriptcase running on a little Atom based CPU with 2GB, never had problems with V7 but now with V8 its a little stupid, I have been trying to export a 250page app for the last 3 days... yes 3 days! And its still not exported.

Of course I have to logout and back in each day and keep trying.....
    Any ideas if its down to the little lab I am using for this or if its down to the supper buggy V8?

I should note that I have tried to export from the atom running scriptcase, and also the machine where I actually use it as well as a laptop.

Some help on this would be friggin great, am still trying to export this stupid app, hours and hours of export and nothing... getting sick of this cant even export the app I have spent months working on and still no help here.....

Content Encoding Error
    The page you are trying to view cannot be shown because it uses an invalid or unsupported form of compression.
    Please contact the website owners to inform them of this problem.

Constantly, and yeh try again and the same thing over and over with no completion in sight................
    Cant tell me nobody has any ideas or advice on how to solve this crap?

Comment

Hi Jamie,

I was thinking, why you need to export it!? you want to use it somewhere else!? did you try to copy the app internal folder? did you try backup method instead of export?

Ok once long time back I had this issue with sc7, the solution was really petty, i used 127.0.0.1 instead of localhost and that saved me 10 hours of previous day to 1 minute of so!? i don't doesn't make sense as it is the same thing, but it solved the slowness and timeout issue for me

One more hint I'm sure you noticed you can remove the timeout restrictions, just see what happens

moreover, if you are going to export it to use is somewhere else, means sc8 is installed that other place, why don't you try copying all sc folders as zip to new location

i would also suggest to contact sc support open a ticket see what they will say, perhaps it is a known bug for them or something

Comment

Originally posted by MikeDE View Post
        Hi Jamie,

I was thinking, why you need to export it!? you want to use it somewhere else!? did you try to copy the app internal folder? did you try backup method instead of export?

Ok once long time back I had this issue with sc7, the solution was really petty, i used 127.0.0.1 instead of localhost and that saved me 10 hours of previous day to 1 minute of so!? i don't doesn't make sense as it is the same thing, but it solved the slowness and timeout issue for me

One more hint I'm sure you noticed you can remove the timeout restrictions, just see what happens

moreover, if you are going to export it to use is somewhere else, means sc8 is installed that other place, why don't you try copying all sc folders as zip to new location

i would also suggest to contact sc support open a ticket see what they will say, perhaps it is a known bug for them or something
        a little lost in translation there, am trying to deploy my entire application which I have created, so yes i want to use it and yes i can also backup. Tried with all browsers I have now and some just stick at 57% for the next 24hours and by then of course its obvious its broken. Last resort i will try and reinstall and recover from backup se if that does anything. Already looking at leaving scriptcase and maybe starting again, scriptcase is just so frustrating and end up wasting so much time on crap which work. god am I annoyed with this!

Comment

Take it easy Jamie, we all have issues with SC, but to can be solved to an extend... is your problem in deployment or backing up and restoring!? without much data nobody can give you accurate information

Comment

Take it easy Jamie, we all have issues with SC, but to can be solved to an extend... is your problem in deployment or backing up and restoring!? without much data nobody can give you accurate information
            deployment has been the issue. I have just done a new installation on my main machine and failed to restore my backup. I have to give it another go and hope i have better luck tomorrow.
            With the deployment I did remove some apps that have custom scripts in case they an issue but it was the same result. Will update here if I get anywhere and of course if I dont. more tomorrow

Comment

does anybody know I can do a restore manually? this stupid thing still isnt restoring my projects.
              HELP!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by jamieo View Post
                does anybody know i can do a restore manually? This stupid thing still isnt restoring my projects.
                Help!!!!!!!
                help...........

Comment

Originally posted by jamieO View Post
                  help...........

What a NIGHTMARE!
                  Had to export each application indevidualy, then do a backup once all apps had been deleted and then import everything sepralty change the database on each one and done now can deploy my app

Comment

now am just missing all the images and junk that went along with the applications............. More time to waste......
                    Pile o crap this is.

Comment

images are under /img

glad you solve whatever you want to solve (primarily) because really read your post many times couldn't understand or imagine the exact scenario you are trying to do.. sometimes you say deploying, sometime restoring from a backup, do you have more than one license? wanna move your stuff from one pc to other... restroe from what to what!? screenshot!? more information about the versions, environment, exact errors, how it was working and why stopped.. all could help

but good you are almost there, try to find your images under _/lib/img or make search for one of them, or get them from any old production they will all be under one folder

cheers

Comment

images are under /img

glad you solve whatever you want to solve (primarily) because really read your post many times couldn't understand or imagine the exact scenario you are trying to do.. sometimes you say deploying, sometime restoring from a backup, do you have more than one license? wanna move your stuff from one pc to other... restroe from what to what!? screenshot!? more information about the versions, environment, exact errors, how it was working and why stopped.. all could help

but good you are almost there, try to find your images under _/lib/img or make search for one of them, or get them from any old production they will all be under one folder

cheers
                        hey mike
                        v8 all the time bud, and have been trying to deploy my app which I spent the last year or so creating, in previous versions it worked fine. So of course want to use what one has created right.... then deployment didnt work for weeks on end, so many hours wasted just trying to deploy. So yes in the end I had to try something else. Initially with a backup and restore which failed or timed out I dont know but with 300min on my timeout that kinda makes no sense. How ever I ended up having to export each applications I have created separately, create a backup with just the basics and no apps once I had exported and deleted them all. Then a clean install on another machine and well start from scratch again. Import the old backup of files which worked, then import each of the created applications which has presented another 101 errors.
                        Well now the deployment works thankfully, so at least I can get the app deployed for use. Shame I have so many other problems now with this clean install......

So with the images you dont understand am afraid. with all the apps I have exported each application had its own images say for buttons, backgrounds, headers u know the typical images you place within your project to make it a little nicer to look at right.... Well all of them, gone....... now with an platform with over 300apps so forms/grids/reports the works, all images are gone. so buttons now have an image space and the text (image gone), headers all blank gone, and images placed within the project that were managed within scriptcase.... all gone.

If only the problem would stop there as now the dictionary is not adding content (ie language keys) to grids or forms created, have tried to update them many times, again waste of time with no change. Then ajax events are not firing if there are more than 5 on-change events in one form. Updates to db are not applied, need to logout and back in again into scriptcase.

Really having such a nightmare with this platform at the moment, dont now why and am just pulling my hair out on a daily basis at the moment.

Any ideas if there is a way to convert back to v7 at least I didnt have half as many issues with that, maybe I be lucky enough to get my money back from these prats for v8 as it really sucks monkeys. Funny as each time I see an update I think yay it may work again only to find more things broken and more hair loss.

What gets me the most is thou that I have quote a few posts and these people at scriptcase dont give a rats ass that poor folk like me are having such issues. There was a time I thought I might make some money using this, and save alot of time, but recently it seems that I spend more time trying to fix and overcome issues. Probley lost more time and money on this than anything else I have ever used. Crap even hand coding seems to be a better idea at the moment. If only I hadnt spend the last years creating something amazing, well it would be if it worked............

Sorry for rambling on, dont seem to be getting any comments on any of my other posts and this is doing my nut.

Comment

300 minute!
                          okay, should never reach to this extend, if more than 10-15 or you see hanging during the deployment, means there is something wrong, stop it! dont wait 300 min bud

Well now the deployment works thankfully
                          Good, but why you didn't try to upload just right on your localhost using wamp or xampp for example!? then upload to server using zip or FTP! Deployment to localhost is peace of cake for SC, considered locally............. wait a minute, do you face all this slowness even on localhost!? that would be disaster and there is infrastructure issue if it is ture

So with the images you dont understand am afraid. with all the apps I have exported each application had its own images say for buttons, backgrounds, headers u know the typical images you place within your project to make it a little nicer to look at right.... Well all of them, gone....... now with an platform with over 300apps so forms/grids/reports the works, all images are gone. so buttons now have an image space and the text (image gone), headers all blank gone, and images placed within the project that were managed within scriptcase.... all gone.
                          For the images, as i understood that you restored from a backups many times... hence, you lost where the images of the projects could be..
                          One easy way could be to right click on your not-shown image and see its path, or your firebug to find where it should be reside exactly on deployment/production? ok there you put your custom messages directly to the server, correct location as per your path... if you backed up correctly, then your images are in /img folder, open your backup file(s) and extract them all to your img folder in production, it should work this way

For the dictionary i found it having issues with me too, whatever is not created during this exact process: NEW application > select connection and tables...etc it will not work... sometimes we copy an application and go from there, this way doesn't work... alternatively, go to your fields and write the first 3 letters of each field/language piece, it will give you a list of options to select from language files... if you managed to solve this other way, or made the "corrupted" dictionary work, please let me know, you can add it separately to bugs form

For the ajax, i would advise to check your code, there is something too long, wrong or conflict with other events... one i spent days figuring out why doesn't work, i found out that my method name was too long e.g. "js_change_backgound_color_white" --- after changing it to "js_bkg_white" it worked! give it a try, also try removing one by one on a copied test application, see where it starts to work... to distinguish which one is faulty... if didn't work, consult SC bugs team, it might be a bug

Funny as each time I see an update I think yay it may work again only to find more things broken and more hair loss.
                          I agree with you, but i don't think going back to sc7 is doable, you will get more issues even if that is true. Check with SC team and let us know if it can be!?

I have quote a few posts and these people at scriptcase dont give a rats ass that poor folk like me are having such issues.
                          Yes I agree too, but notice that recently they started to give more attention, and that is good, at least with time we could have something better

I would suggest you install new version of SC, latest version, MANUALLY, override all your files... although you will not lost your apps, but take a copy away for precautions

Cheers & good luck
                          Mike

Comment

gonna try another clean install just having to many issues, which is very weird. login and have to re-generate all my apps then sometimes its random apps.. realy weird to say the least.
                            Anyway gonna try another clean install and hope for the best. thx mike
                            At least there is a calming voice here somewhere lol

Comment

Working...
                            X