security not generating correctly , another crappy issue - NEVER ENDING

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• security not generating correctly , another crappy issue - NEVER ENDING

Created new project with group security but on creation it does do very much, it creates the tables then doesnt display them as available. then logout and back in and yes the tables are there now so I assign them to the relevant fields creating the same security again.
    The apps are not generated, well as it seems
    It has created 2 apps which I can find or see within my project folders, yet on generate it displays me errors with the add user form.
    Looking in the all apps folder I have it listed there under the security folder yet the folder is no where to be found.

Just more and more problems each day something blimmin new that did work or should work.

You scriptcase guys give a crap about your own platform at all? cause it sure doesnt seem like it if u keep breaking things and then never reply to folks hurting because of your stupidity?
    Sorry for ranting more but getting a little tired of the issues with this thing, no comments support crap me u gota pay for it and then it sucks monkeys. SORT IT OUT cause Im about to give up on this crap thing not working right... waste of money.... spent more time trying to solve crap and posting in this darn forum for what......

Have you tried to re-install sc and retry? FWIW I have generated the security module without issues not so long ago, so unless something has broken recently, it works well here.
    Albert Drent
    aducom software netherlands
    scriptcase partner, reseller, support and (turn-key) development
    www.scriptcase.eu / www.scriptcase.nl

Comment

Originally posted by aducom View Post
      Have you tried to re-install sc and retry? FWIW I have generated the security module without issues not so long ago, so unless something has broken recently, it works well here.
      it is a clean installation... but am having so many other issues so maybe a good idea to do it again..... Just hope that this time I dont lose even more when exporting my apps or doing the backup.
      No idea whats up witht his lately.. good thing is thou as noticed the speed is much faster on generation and deployment on the other machine which is great. will give it a go thou and see if its any better before i bash my head against the wall lol

Comment

Originally posted by jamieO View Post
        Created new project with group security but on creation it does do very much, it creates the tables then doesnt display them as available. then logout and back in and yes the tables are there now so I assign them to the relevant fields creating the same security again.
        The apps are not generated, well as it seems
        It has created 2 apps which I can find or see within my project folders, yet on generate it displays me errors with the add user form.
        Jamie, copy paste your errors or trace them, as Mr Albert says, security module is not 100% ok but there are workarounds, think of it as it creates a template for you, that have fundamental stuff, but you have to figure out whats wrong and fix it, from my experience with SC 7 and 8, best is to finalize your project with it, don't try to re-install it unless necessary, if installed again, make sure to REMOVE all its tables and apps, remove also from your development environment all OLD applications, obviously SC doesn't remove them but puts a hash # or something added to them, so remove them manually from your dev folder under /app and create your new security module slowly, then if you find an error, stop, and trace it.. don't take too many things at the same time

Comment

Working...
        X