Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Customization

Hi all
    I have developed a CRM application to accompany the ERP solution that already exsist. Now the problem arises to install it at the various companies or better of customizing it. Each of them has some special features such as additional fields, tables with specific data and so on, and these disclosures are in addition to those already present in the "standard".
    The problem that I would like to solve is how to create extensions for each installation and at the same time to avoid creating a different version of the entire application for each company, which effectively prevents an easy upgrade to the various and frequent releases that will develop from now, considering the number installations specified in the order of a few hundred (I hope).
    For extensions mean additional blocks, grids, fields, or otherwise handle information that resides on the database.
    Has anyone faced this problem or am I imagining something impossible to do with Scriptcase?
    Thanks.
    Giorgio Bravi
    Dolphin Software & Thinkware
    www.dolphin.it

Originally posted by gbravi View Post
    Hi all
    I have developed a CRM application to accompany the ERP solution that already exsist. Now the problem arises to install it at the various companies or better of customizing it. Each of them has some special features such as additional fields, tables with specific data and so on, and these disclosures are in addition to those already present in the "standard".
    The problem that I would like to solve is how to create extensions for each installation and at the same time to avoid creating a different version of the entire application for each company, which effectively prevents an easy upgrade to the various and frequent releases that will develop from now, considering the number installations specified in the order of a few hundred (I hope).
    For extensions mean additional blocks, grids, fields, or otherwise handle information that resides on the database.
    Has anyone faced this problem or am I imagining something impossible to do with Scriptcase?
    Thanks.
    It depends on the amount of customization you need. I have a project where I need the user to be able to define his own form and I made something for that, or actually I still am. For the university we have a workflow system routing forms where parameters are used to visualize certain parts of the form (blocks) and fields because there are differences between faculties. If you are running your app as a service then you can follow that approach as you have access to your production database. Customized fields needs to be present there and you need a customer table containing the parameters telling the app what to show and what not. If things differ entirely then you might need to create different instances of the same form and control the visibilty by the authorisation table. If you are deploying the same application to different servers you have a more complicated issue as you cannot keep all the databases easily in sync regarding the custom fields. Other option might be to create a field/value table and link that as a master-detail to your forms where you can put your customized fields in. Again it all depens on your needs what solution might be right for you.
    Albert Drent
    aducom software netherlands
    scriptcase partner, reseller, support and (turn-key) development
    www.scriptcase.eu / www.scriptcase.nl

Comment

Tanks Albert
      I'll investigate your way.
      It would be great to have the opportunity to dynamically add blocks and bind form in master / detail thru functions.
      Giorgio Bravi
      Dolphin Software & Thinkware
      www.dolphin.it

Comment

Working...
      X