X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• sc_ajax_javascript return value?

Hi!
    I am trying to call a javascript method by using sc_ajax_javascript,
    but is there anyway to retrieve the return value from the javascript method?

I don't believe so as JS runs on client side and PHP runs on server side.

One way around it is to get the JS to create a small text file with a status / return value in it, and then get your PHP to check / read that file. Make sure you clean up before / afterwards...

Comment

javascript return method by using sc_ajax_javascript

Originally posted by Brian View Post
      Hi!
      I am trying to call a javascript method by using sc_ajax_javascript,
      but is there anyway to retrieve the return value from the javascript method?
      Would need to know the method to pass a variable / result from javascript to php.

I have a form, and the 'OnValidate' event
      I need to grab the return value of a function in javascript.
      The function of javascript, would have to modify the field_Result {} field and return a result to php.
      I've tried using the macro sc_ajax_javascript (), but it has not worked for me. But if I could pass a variable from php to javascript with the macro
      sc_ajax_javascript ('Param1', 'Param2');

The code I use is as follows:

php (OnValidate) -----

sc_ajax_javascript ('ValidarOpcion');
      if ({field_Result == 'yes') {OpenForm}

javascript ------

ValidarOpcion () {
      if (confirm ('Would you like continue?')) {

Field_Result {} = 'True';

} Else {

Field_Result {} = 'False';

}
      }

I have also tried to use the javascript function within the php code with:

echo "<script> confirm ('Testing Javascript in PHP events'); </ script>";

but I could not capture the results confirm ()

$ Var = echo "<script> confirm ('Testing Javascript in PHP events'); </ script>";

Thanks in advance

Comment

see post above yours.

The answer is not "easily" because the JS and PHP bits run at different times (one on server and one on client)

Comment

Originally posted by adz1111 View Post
          see post above yours.

The answer is not "easily" because the JS and PHP bits run at different times (one on server and one on client)
          Alternative ???

I use php to javascript option because not know another way to do it. The point is I want to run the php code, send a message to the user to
          'Accept' or 'cancel' and function of the option selection, php execute one form or another grid.

Alternative option:

javascript saved text file with variables and values. Since php read the file generated in javascript and parseamos to recover the variable and its values.

Comment

Create a javascript function thath calls a php file, using POST GET to pass variables, control from JS returning values and confirmation dialogs. "Easy"
            /Giuseppe

Professional Scriptcase Services
            Some Customers opinions

Comment

Working...
            X