• Show
Clear All

• "Issue reported to our bugs team."

Originally posted by bartho;
    Hello,

Issue reported to our bugs team.

regards,
    Bernhard Bernsmann
    Is this phrase meant to softly close a thread, or will we ever hear back about the status? I think that the translation is actually "Go away. If I pretend somebody cares about your problem then maybe you will stop posting". Sorry Bernhard, I mean no offense saying this, I know you are trying to be helpful.

What happened to Thomas in the past two weeks? He was giving us really good status information, reproducing problems, offering suggestions, communicating to the development team and then the bugs got fixed. It looks like customer support is spiraling back down to its state 3 months ago. Its a shame.

Most of the customers of NetMake are in exactly the same business as NetMake is: We design, develop, market, sell and support software to paying customers.

One big difference between NetMake and customers like myself is probably best summed up by my company's policy on Customer Service:

We listen to our customers. They use our software every day in the real world, so they know the good and bad of it. Customers give us valuable feedback at no cost to us. They are not only our lifeblood, but valued members of our Design Team.

I need to give my customers better customer support and quicker response than they can get from my competitors, otherwise they will go someplace else. Maybe not today, because my product is the superior product today, but my competitors are working hard to have the superior software product. Being in the software business is much more than simply having a software product. Companies differentiate themselves in other ways. I could never, ever tell my customers "Issue reported to our bugs team." and expect them to accept that as the last thing they ever hear about the problem. I would be creating an unhappy customer that will leave as soon as a viable alternative exists.

Put very simply:

Code:
    good customer support = customer loyalty;
    customer loyalty = more sales;
    When a software product is initially being developed, it evolves as the brainchild of the developers. They know what it is that they have envisioned, and they set about creating that product. However, post-release development, enhancements, feature evolution, etc. are all driven by the market. That is the purpose of the existence of Product Managers. They keep their fingers on the pulse of the marketplace, compare features to the competition, encourage feedback from their major and most experienced customers and using all of this information, they create a roadmap for the future of the product. This cannot be done in a vacuum. Letting developers establish the roadmap of a product based upon what they "feel like working on" is a major mistake. They are employees, they are not paying customers. Prioritization of the product roadmap must include customer feedback, otherwise you end up with a "really cool" widget that nobody wants to buy.

I would really love to see a chart of ScriptCase sales over the past few years. I would bet a month's pay that somebody is concerned about increasing the level of sales at this point. Is it such a big secret that customer satisfaction drives sales?

Aducom spent time and energy setting up a Mantis site to track the status of bugs (in English). Nobody from NetMake participates. This forum also has very little participation from NetMake.

I really have to ask, does senior management at NetMake have any idea of the serious level of customer dissatisfaction and the potential backlash? I cannot believe that senior management is totally incompetent, so I must conclude that they are simply unaware of the customer dissatisfaction.

In closing let me say that I think that ScriptCase is potentially a stellar product. I also think that NetMake has the potential to be a stellar company. The only thing needed for these two things to achieve their potential is a change of priorities by someone who cares.

Sorry if I have rambled on, but I depend on Scriptcase. Just as I would be upset if the performance of my electricity supplier was less than adequate. I depend on them as well, not just for my company's success, but the success of all of my employees. Keep in mind, NetMake, that your actions affect the lives of many thousands of people in far-flung countries.

Dave
    Last edited by daveprue; 12-10-2014, 03:26 AM.
    Dave Prue
    Code Whisperer
    Lahar International Corp
    www.lahar.net

Well said Dave. I could not explain the concept better. I think that many here are in complete agreement with you.
    Giorgio Bravi
    Dolphin Software & Thinkware
    www.dolphin.it

Comment

I have to agree too. God only knows how much time I invested in moving SC into the right direction.... And I will continue to do so.
      Albert Drent
      aducom software netherlands
      scriptcase partner, reseller, support and (turn-key) development
      www.scriptcase.eu / www.scriptcase.nl

Comment

We all appreciate your efforts, Albert. I hope that nobody takes my post the wrong way - I love Scriptcase, and I have no intention to give up on it or NetMake. Sometimes I just need to vent my frustration.

Dave
        Dave Prue
        Code Whisperer
        Lahar International Corp
        www.lahar.net

Comment

Originally posted by daveprue View Post
          Sometimes I just need to vent my frustration.
          That's good ... but if it helps? We will see, but only very small steps ...
          Best regards: - Reinhard -

I use ScriptCase 8 Enterprise Edition, Version 8.(latest)

Comment

Excellent speach. :-)
            +1

jsb

Comment

I agree.
              Seems that nobody from Scritpcase read the forum ...........

Comment

I agree. Our post are for SC every day be much better. We Love SC. +1

Comment

'' Issue reported to our bugs team. ''
                  We are Developing your Future Business Requirement right now with Scriptcase.
                  www.sri.com.au & www.madikonda.com

Comment

Hello,

I was busy in recent times, so I could not give attention to the forum, sorry everyone.

Now I will return to my activity and try to help everyone possible.

Thanks for understanding and encouragement to create a better tool every day.

Thank you!
                    Best regards,
                    Thomas Soares.
                    ScriptCase International.

Email: t.soares@scriptcase.net
                    Visit our Blog: http://www.scriptcase.net/blog/
                    Visit out fan page: http://www.facebook.com/Scriptcase

Comment

I was a customer of SC a few versions ago (I believe either v5 or v6) and the issues were the same then... so much that after a few months I got a refund. I check back because the product is nice and was able to develop quickly, but responses and support weren't far from good... guess much hasn't changed seeing all the bugs and sporadic support.

Comment

Originally posted by pettechservices View Post
                        I was a customer of SC a few versions ago (I believe either v5 or v6) and the issues were the same then... so much that after a few months I got a refund. I check back because the product is nice and was able to develop quickly, but responses and support weren't far from good... guess much hasn't changed seeing all the bugs and sporadic support.
                        I started using SC 6 and I have to disagree. There has absolutely been made progress. But it doesn't mean that things are 100%, and there is still a lot to be improved.
                        Albert Drent

Comment

Originally posted by aducom View Post
                          I started using SC 6 and I have to disagree. There has absolutely been made progress. But it doesn't mean that things are 100%, and there is still a lot to be improved.
                          Yes, indeed a lot changed from version 6, as a software that keeps being changed and updated its very unlikely that it'll be 100% anytime soon.
                          We're always seeking to make a better tool and keep it updated with new technologies and with the needs of our costumers.

Sometimes we're too busy to leave a reply, but we do read the forums, but even the simplest things needs some bureaucracy.
                          We need to keep tracking of all things: old bugs, new bugs, improvements, suggestion and stuffs and you all help us improve this tool.
                          Regards,
                          Cavadinha

Development Team
                          Netmake - IT Solutions

Comment

Well, the major issue is communication and quality control. I agree that every tool will have bugs, but it's completely uncertain which issues are acknowledged as bugs, which are (being) solved and old bugs regularly re-appear, which makes me suspicious that the csv system (check-in/out) is not working properly. You still lack a beta test team. And I think that a lot of issues should have been discovered at your quality control in stead of the community/customers. Before deployment you simply need to create a test script to check if all is still working well.... Especially obvious functionality like this. When I say you made progress then I mean the latest decision of scriptcase to stop developing new functionality, but work on fixing bugs only. But these fixes have caused a lot of new bugs, see the forum.
                            Last edited by aducom; 01-06-2015, 01:20 PM.
                            Albert Drent

Comment

Originally posted by aducom View Post
                              Well, the major issue is communication and quality control. I agree that every tool will have bugs, but it's completely uncertain which issues are acknowledged as bugs, which are (being) solved and old bugs regularly re-appear, which makes me suspicious that the csv system (check-in/out) is not working properly. You still lack a beta test team. And I think that a lot of issues should have been discovered at your quality control in stead of the community/customers. Before deployment you simply need to create a test script to check if all is still working well.... Especially obvious functionality like this. When I say you made progress then I mean the latest decision of scriptcase to stop developing new functionality, but work on fixing bugs only. But these fixes have caused a lot of new bugs, see the forum.
                              There are a lot of "bugs" that are actually new features or a change of the actual implementation. But when a costumer reports something we note it down (when its not a bug) and check later if it fits the software, if adding it to the tool will make it better.
                              We are achieving a whole new level of maturity in the testing area. Unfortunatelly the team is small. We know that. But we're working on this. I'm sure you notice some improvement on the test / release area.

About a beta test team or closed beta for costumers are being discussed, but I can't say nothing for sure.

Regards
                              Regards,
                              Cavadinha

Development Team
                              Netmake - IT Solutions

Comment

Working...
                              X