Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

how do i create create an aplicacion for 2 languages?english and spanish.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• how do i create create an aplicacion for 2 languages?english and spanish.

how you doing? I have one question, I'm making an aplication for the pharmaceutical sector, and I wanna know what's the best way to make an application and forms available for 2 languages (english and spanish) or do I have to create one form or aplication for every language.?

Hi Israel,
    Using SC you can make a single app multi-language.
    You must specify the languages when you create the project or on current projects goto PROJECTS->PROPERTIES->LOCALES

To create all your strings on all languages go to LOCALES->APPLICATION LANGUAGE

And finally on your apps you are going to use LANGUAGE VARIABLES for example {lang_index} and sc will replace that with the current langague of the user.
    Best Regards
    Hiram BQ

Comment

In addition to Hiram's post, start creating a data dictionary. It will hold all the translations and it can be synchronized to your database and your applications. All our applications are multi langual and work great. You don't have to create separate apps for the languages as Hiram posted.
      Albert Drent
      aducom software netherlands
      scriptcase partner, reseller, support and (turn-key) development
      www.scriptcase.eu / www.scriptcase.nl

Comment

your answers were helpful, thanks a lot.

Comment

Originally posted by israel lopez View Post
          your answers were helpful, thanks a lot.
          Please can you help me to understand the use of data dictionnary in the case of building multi language system and is there any tutorial that explain the process because I can really understand when they say use {lang_index}

Comment

Originally posted by magezi View Post
            Please can you help me to understand the use of data dictionnary in the case of building multi language system and is there any tutorial that explain the process because I can really understand when they say use {lang_index}
            sure man take a look at this tutorial https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DLr_Tk9Tb98. although the version of sc is 7 in the video i think, it can lead you to the right direction.

Comment

Working...
            X