Avoid prod enviroment

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Avoid prod enviroment

We need to deploy a project in ZIP format.

ZIP file will contain all necessary to execute the applicaiont (included a mariadb bundled) (will be desploy as a desktop app)

There are some way to specify params in connection to avoid the final user to enter in prod enviroment?

Somebody has tried to configure all in one machine, and copy as is in other machine using same credentials?
    /Giuseppe

Professional Scriptcase Services
    Some Customers opinions

Originally posted by Giu View Post
    We need to deploy a project in ZIP format.

ZIP file will contain all necessary to execute the applicaiont (included a mariadb bundled) (will be desploy as a desktop app)

There are some way to specify params in connection to avoid the final user to enter in prod enviroment?

Somebody has tried to configure all in one machine, and copy as is in other machine using same credentials?
    This looks hard to me. The database and webserver are in general run as services, not applications. I know that apache doesn't need to be installed as a service, but regarding MariaDB (MySQL) I'm not so sure. Imho the best way is to create an installer which takes care of things. But if you have to deploy on linux hen that might not be the way to go. But all in a single zip file, unpack and go... Not sure if that will work.
    Albert Drent
    aducom software netherlands
    scriptcase partner, reseller, support and (turn-key) development
    www.scriptcase.eu / www.scriptcase.nl

Comment

There are some 'server on a thumb' projects out there, but my all time favourite is server2go.
      No need to install anything, you can even run it from a cd. Pop it in and run your application.
      Unfortunately it isn't maintained any more but I'm still using it because of its simlicity and speed.
      May be it is sufficient for your project as well.

jsb

Comment

Well if portable stacks are the answer then uniserver does the job or a portable xampp.
        Delete the ...\_lib\conf\prod.config.php and simply put a local database version in there.
        So you make any project on a local mysql/mariadb server and set the sql settings properly. Then that prod.config.php holds the proper settings.
        So when you deploy as standalone on an uniserver, portable z-wamp, uwamp.. whatever all you need to do is to replace that config file of your production environment with the local one.

Comment

Maybe I don't explained correctly. My problem is not "how" to deploy, but "how to" avoid SC to ask for prod enviroment.
          WHen you deploy a project, it comes without database configured. My question was if I configure it once deployed, if database connection don't change, if copying the entire folder over other machine will do the job.

Originally posted by rr View Post
          Delete the ...\_lib\conf\prod.config.php and simply put a local database version in there.
          So you make any project on a local mysql/mariadb server and set the sql settings properly. Then that prod.config.php holds the proper settings.
          So when you deploy as standalone on an uniserver, portable z-wamp, uwamp.. whatever all you need to do is to replace that config file of your production environment with the local one.
          Exactly, this is what I mean. prod.config.php is the file holding the config

For first installations my plan is to hold a sqlite config database, and then use sc_connection new macros to create connections in runtime, but I need to do more testing on this.

This then remember me one thing.
          Some days ago, I tried to update just 1 app on a deployed machine. I deployed the app, copied on a USB, and unziped in the deployed machine, overwriting old app, but then this app stopped working don't finding connection.
          If prod.config.php holds configuration, why this happened? How to avoid?(*)

(*) I'm planing too a little system to upgrade app, like SC does.
          /Giuseppe

Some Customers opinions

Comment

Giuseppe,

I have a command line PHP program that allows me to programmatically create & modify the prod.config.php file. This can be used to create the connections file in advance before deploying to server.

PM me if it seems like this could help you.

Dave
            Last edited by daveprue; 01-21-2015, 10:39 PM.
            Dave Prue
            Code Whisperer
            Lahar International Corp
            www.lahar.net

Comment

Sorry, I forgot this.

Dave, thanks, yes, I'm interested to take a look.

Regards.
              /Giuseppe

Some Customers opinions

Comment

Working...
              X