Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Refresh database tables

Hi,

my name is Joe. I'm from Germany and new to SC. As a beginner I have many questions ;-)

I made a grid from an existing database table then worked on the grid's preferences.
    Then I decided to edit the grid's connected database table and added two fields. I expected that SC would take care of that but I can't make the grid to refresh the edited table. The added fields don't appear.

How can I get the grid to refresh the table?

Joe

Originally posted by Joe View Post
    Hi,

my name is Joe. I'm from Germany and new to SC. As a beginner I have many questions ;-)

I made a grid from an existing database table then worked on the grid's preferences.
    Then I decided to edit the grid's connected database table and added two fields. I expected that SC would take care of that but I can't make the grid to refresh the edited table. The added fields don't appear.

How can I get the grid to refresh the table?

Joe
    Hi Joe, welcome to this forum.

Yes, when you generate a grid application then a sql statement is generated containing all fields. But not all fields are generally displayed when there are a lot of them. You can select the fields you want to display manually by editing the visible fields (fieldposition or edit fields in your left menu). When you change database structure you can add these fields to the sql statement in the grid. Save the sql and you will find the fields in the fieldposition list and you can move these into the grid if you need to.
    For forms it goes differently, then you go to application -> synchronise and scriptcase will do all necessary stuff for you with only one thing, you need to move the fields to the desired postion after synchronisation.
    Hope this helps.
    Albert Drent
    aducom software netherlands
    scriptcase partner, reseller, support and (turn-key) development
    www.scriptcase.eu / www.scriptcase.nl

Comment

Originally posted by aducom View Post
      Hi Joe, welcome to this forum.

You can select the fields you want to display manually by editing the visible fields (fieldposition or edit fields in your left menu). When you change database structure you can add these fields to the sql statement in the grid. Save the sql and you will find the fields in the fieldposition list and you can move these into the grid if you need to.
      Thank you! That helped!

I tried that before but without saving the app and this produced an error.

One more problem:

If I try to edit a theme or create a new one SC hangs while saving or opening. All files and dirs are 777.
      What could this be?

Joe

Comment

Originally posted by Joe View Post
        Thank you! That helped!

I tried that before but without saving the app and this produced an error.

One more problem:

If I try to edit a theme or create a new one SC hangs while saving or opening. All files and dirs are 777.
        What could this be?

Joe
        I realy don't know, don't work on linux but on windows server. Perhaps an issue on your tempfiles but just a rough guess.
        Albert Drent
        aducom software netherlands
        scriptcase partner, reseller, support and (turn-key) development
        www.scriptcase.eu / www.scriptcase.nl

Comment

What could this be?
          Hi,
          most likely you hit one ore more resource limits either php.ini or webserver.
          First place to look at is php.ini and 'play' with some values for:

memory_limit
          max_input_vars
          max_input_times
          post_max_size

Also check on your server configuration
          nginx: client_max_body_size
          apache: LimitRequestBody

Hope this helps.

jsb

Comment

Hi,

what values are recommended?

I'm quite free in giving resources. SC is running on a VM under Debian Wheezy (Turnkey)

Joe

Comment

Working...
            X