Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Swapping db connnection for a project

Hi, newbie here.

I have set up a project with a few applications, so far so good, managing to connect to my server and my database.

Now I have created a new connection (different server, new db, it all tests OK) and now I wish to point my project at that different connection.

Can't for the life of me figure out how to tell ScriptCase that I now want this project to use my new connection.

Sorry if I have posted in the wrong place but spent the whole afternoon going nuts. Any help appreciated.

Cheers - Mark

It aņo depende. Is al app deployed? Is a fixed change or you need to change periodically?

You have sc_change_connection() and sc_create_connect() (speaking from memory) to work with connection at runtime.

Yo Can edit your connection in prod environment too

You can express edit your apps to change connection in Dev environment.

For all of this I ask you....what is exactly your situation?
    /Giuseppe

Professional Scriptcase Services
    Some Customers opinions

Comment

Hello Giu

Thanks for this.

In the simplest sense... I have created a simple project (11 applications) which connects to a Scriptcase connection ('conn_mysql1'). Everything seems to work fine.

I have now moved my db to another server. I have created another scriptcase connection ('conn_mysql2') and wish to make my project use this new connection.

I may wish to use another connection in the future.

Many thanks for your help.

Cheers - Mark

Comment

If you just moved the database, and is using same RDBMS, you can change data connection in prod enviroment for you conn_mysql1, is not needed to create a second connection.

for deployed proyects. http://yourproject/_lib
        /Giuseppe

Professional Scriptcase Services
        Some Customers opinions

Comment

Thanks Giu, I'll give it a try and let you know.

Cheers - Mark

Comment

Working...
          X