Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

multiple records form - can we add select all records !?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• multiple records form - can we add select all records !?

hi

i was checking and couln't find the option of selecting all records from multiple record form? i want to single select all displayed record, isn't it available? why? or how to add it?

I think that functinoality is only available when you use a run button.

Regards

Comment

okay, i can use a run button, how to do it? did you try it yourself?

Comment

Create a grid and then create a button, select 'run' type. Then you will get a checkbox before each record and a select all on top. If you hit the runbutton then you have a separate onrecord and onfinish event within the button.
        Albert Drent
        aducom software netherlands
        scriptcase partner, reseller, support and (turn-key) development
        www.scriptcase.eu / www.scriptcase.nl

Comment

hi albert and thanks
          yes that i read about it (didn't try it though)
          I'm saying about the multiple records FORM if I'm missing this function somewhere

Comment

hey Mike:

Could you please tell me what are you trying to do?, so I get a better understanding of what you want and maybe propose a way to do so.

The multiple record form has no "select all" checkbox, since the only functionality available for the selected record is to update or delete.

Regards

Comment

hi dude

create a new form, select multiple records, that will allow you to insert multiple records to db directly and to update also multiple records, it is powerful feature when needed

so now exactly, you can't select all records at once, what if you want to keep the option there, in case you are updating 20+ records for example without changing a lot of values in the records, this will give you the power to select all in small click and hit update button! I searched well in all options, isn't there, is there a way to add it!? you gurus I'm sure you can do it

Comment

Mike, why should you want to select all records? As soon as you change a record, the checkbox is automatically checked. ONly the changed records are then updated in the database. No need for the others so I can understand the design of lacking a 'check-all' button.
                Albert Drent

Comment

Hi Albert, I'm with you regarding the design is good, but for specific reason, I need to have the select all function to have all the records selected in one click and hit update, I know it doesn't make sense when comes to the design of this multiple records form, but I need it for specific purpose, if possible.

Comment

Well consider a mulitple select, then you can select all left into the right and do your thing? Looks different, but perhaps it's usable. Another approach would be javascript and Im sure that jsb has some answer here if he reads this. My javascript knowledge is very limited :-(
                    Albert Drent

Comment

no the double select will not do, I need the complete displayed records to be selectable greedy huh

Yes I agree with you that jsb can help for sure, I would rather not to bother him now as it is not urgent (although important), later, I may be able to show you where I need it exactly you will say YEAH IT IS NEEDED INDEED looool

cheers

Comment

Well, well, well ... there he is again. :-)

Create a custom field of type checkbox and move it on the first position of your fields.
                        Go to the field settings and set 'Mark every column' to Yes.

But be aware you cannot deselect all records with it, this has to be done one by one.

jsb

Comment

see Albert, no need even for java loooool I'm away of my PC now, will give it a try tomorrow

thanks dude
                          Last edited by MikeDE; 02-17-2015, 05:56 PM.

Comment

Indeed. If I see this than it's good to see that the community works. I know much but not all, this proves it.
                            Albert Drent

Comment

Great, tried it and works great actually, although seem weird as it doesn't deselect the rows I guess this is unique feature for SC loooool

Comment

Working...
                              X