Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can scriptcase_init/ scriptcase_session be Hidden from the Address Bar?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can scriptcase_init/ scriptcase_session be Hidden from the Address Bar?

When you logout of an SC app, these 2 variables show up.

I realize these are values passed by http GET, but is there any way to obscure these at all?

hi

yes i get annoyed with this too

especially Chrome browser also shows a long line in the left-button area with full link to function or http GET stuff which is ugly, I want to get rid of these too

any solution for this is highly appreciated

Comment

Did you try setting the superport variable? http://php.net/manual/en/language.va...perglobals.php

Comment

like to use them where rr? don't know how we can get use of that.

Comment

Not completely certain to be honest but aren't you able to change the global variable from a GET to a POST under Application -> Global Variable, I'd think unticking the GET checkbox and only leaving the POST chechbox checked might just do what you're asking for.

-Matt

EDIT: Nvm, as i later re-read the post i saw you were talking about variable's introduced by SC and not by you. But still you'd be able to hide them from the adress bar by using a menu (although then you just won't have change in the adress bar).
          Last edited by hoihoi661; 02-23-2015, 10:18 AM.

Comment

My quick thought was to put a proxy inbetween that transforms post into get and vice versa and let the users only connect via the proxy. So for that one would need the superglobals.

Comment

Originally posted by rr View Post
              My quick thought was to put a proxy inbetween that transforms post into get and vice versa and let the users only connect via the proxy. So for that one would need the superglobals.
              Hi rr, do you have the patience to break this down for a layman? What form would the proxy take and how would it be injected in he code? What performance implications does this have and are there any risks? Are there links to red this up?

Comment

Originally posted by MikeDE View Post
                hi

yes i get annoyed with this too

especially Chrome browser also shows a long line in the left-button area with full link to function or http GET stuff which is ugly, I want to get rid of these too

any solution for this is highly appreciated
                i might have stumbled on a round about solution. i created a blank app that echoes a jquery log-in form that loads all the app rights in a 2nd blank app and then redirects to a menu app. when i hit exit on the menu, it goes right back to the log in page (which has a friendly url) without those funny variables. i think they flash briefly but it ends with a clean url.

Comment

dude, if you have a menu app as a start, just deploy to local server for testing, see that your project will remain always the same URL like "serverpath/project/menu/" those funny variables will not appear anyway... but as I said before, in Chrome or FF you can see them in the left-bottom location which is odd and ugly and those can't be removed cz are from browser is trying to be smart showing what URL you are working on, very funny.

Comment

Well it'd be hard to hide with scriptcase, unless you'd ask the devs for a checkbox to get the option so that all your URL's get made like this:

Code:
                    <a href="javascript:void(0)" onclick="location.href='" . $link . "'">Link</a>
                    Above link should show just javascript:void(0). Shame the good 'ol days of just setting that status bar with window.status are over (even IE doesn't support it by default anymore ;_; ).

EDIT: have not actually used that trick myself the last 2 years or so, so not completely certain it works anymore, but it should.
                    Last edited by hoihoi661; 02-26-2015, 06:17 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by hoihoi661 View Post
                      Well it'd be hard to hide with scriptcase, unless you'd ask the devs for a checkbox to get the option so that all your URL's get made like this:

Code:
                      <a href="javascript:void(0)" onclick="location.href='" . $link . "'">Link</a>
                      Above link should show just javascript:void(0). Shame the good 'ol days of just setting that status bar with window.status are over (even IE doesn't support it by default anymore ;_; ).

EDIT: have not actually used that trick myself the last 2 years or so, so not completely certain it works anymore, but it should.
                      hi hoihoi661, solution seems genuine any more help on how we can try to do that!??!? because i didn't understand where to use that code or how

Comment

Well that's the problem.... in scriptcase this isn't really possible any easy way although i might have an idea which wouldn't include asking NetMake to make this an option:
                        You could try making a JS code which you put in onLoad like this:

Code:
                        ?> 
                        <script> JS-Code </script>
                        <?php
                        As for the JS-Code i'm thinking maybe something that changes all <a> -tags you find to something like the above posted tag.
                        The idea doesn't sound that hard to implement but i usually say that too early.
                        This might be a bit of a performance hit though, seeing how JS is client-sided as long as you got a decent pc and am running a 64-bit browser you should be fine tho. (mainly worried about phones and really crappy craptops here)
                        Anyways, if you're up for it I'd suggest making a test project in scriptcase to try and figure something out and then test it. If not I might try taking a look at it this weekend.

EDIT: There might be multiple better ways to this, this is just the first thing that comes to my mind.

Greetings,

Matt
                        Last edited by hoihoi661; 02-26-2015, 07:28 AM.

Comment

Working...
                        X