Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Change form parameters - same change for multiple fields

Hi,

I have around 250 text fields (using MySQL) and I need to change every field to:
    Data Type: Checkbox
    Lookup Method: Manual
    Lookup Type: Single
    Label: Yes
    Value: Y
    Negative: N

Is it any solution to copy / paste this change to all fields at once?

Thank you for answers!

You might have some luck with imacros

Comment

with iMacros didn't work...

Any more idea?

Which file can I hack in source that I can do it like Search / Replace?

Every field costs me 2 minutes - that's hurt
      Last edited by mitja; 03-03-2015, 01:57 PM.

Comment

It's an old request...

you can't change from the source file. Every field is defined in a database ( table sc_tbcmp ) and not so easy to understand.
        There are field called "Attr1", "Attr2" etc.. where properties are stored but the labels are in portuguese...

Would be nice if this feature was available in Express Edit.

You can do something in Data Dictionary but nothing special...
        Giorgio Bravi
        Dolphin Software & Thinkware
        www.dolphin.it

Comment

1) where is this database stored? which format (sql)? how to connect to this database?

If I understand one, I may understand all.

2) ...or where to find stored pre-defined data types? Maybe I want to write this code by myself. To create exact data type with all things. It should be good to include in the next bug fix release.

Thanks for your help!
          Last edited by mitja; 03-03-2015, 07:29 PM.

Comment

At install time you can decide wich engine and wich db.
            Default is SqLite and the db is stored in a file named nm_scriptcase.db. I use mysql and don't have this but from old post maybe /scriptcase/devel/conf/scriptcase/nm_scriptcase.db. Try to search for filename.
            What you have to do is just create a connection to this db and explore. I created a new project with some grids to display data.
            A suggestion: don't try to alter anything if you don't know very well what you are doing.
            Giorgio Bravi
            Dolphin Software & Thinkware
            www.dolphin.it

Comment

Originally posted by gbravi View Post
              At install time you can decide wich engine and wich db.
              Default is SqLite and the db is stored in a file named nm_scriptcase.db. I use mysql and don't have this but from old post maybe /scriptcase/devel/conf/scriptcase/nm_scriptcase.db. Try to search for filename.
              What you have to do is just create a connection to this db and explore. I created a new project with some grids to display data.
              A suggestion: don't try to alter anything if you don't know very well what you are doing.
              I found it and I did like you sugested, but... ...yes, it is like piece of crap.

SC Team, please make function - "copy all parameters" or "create new data type" - it sould not be a major problem.

Comment

Working...
              X