Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scriptcase Chat

Hi all,

I would like to share with you, we are enabled a chat for scriptcasers.

Right now is in beta phase. Don't hesitate to share errors ans suggestions.

http://bit.ly/scriptcasechat

Regards.
    /Giuseppe

Professional Scriptcase Services
    Some Customers opinions

hi Giu, good move, but i don't see the chat, i see informatoin about services and even "contact with us" sounds Spanish accent

is it the small one thing in the corner you mean?

Comment

Originally posted by MikeDE View Post
      hi Giu, good move, but i don't see the chat, i see informatoin about services and even "contact with us" sounds Spanish accent

is it the small one thing in the corner you mean?
      I believe he means the small thing in the bottom right corner, it looks like some sort of chat device at least.

EDIT: nvm, just noticed there's a chat room tab at the left side of the screen about 20% of the page from the top, it looks like you set your nickname in the bottom right panel and join a chat in that panel on the left.
      Last edited by hoihoi661; 03-03-2015, 04:52 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by hoihoi661 View Post
        I believe he means the small thing in the bottom right corner, it looks like some sort of chat device at least.

EDIT: nvm, just noticed there's a chat room tab at the left side of the screen about 20% of the page from the top, it looks like you set your nickname in the bottom right panel and join a chat in that panel on the left.
        Exactly.

Sorry, didn't found other interesting chat to use, and didn't get phpfreechat working. I'm working on this.
        /Giuseppe

Some Customers opinions

Comment

Originally posted by hoihoi661 View Post
          Got it, looks interesting.

Thanks Giu.

Comment

Originally posted by Giu View Post
            Exactly.

Sorry, didn't found other interesting chat to use, and didn't get phpfreechat working. I'm working on this.
            No problem, wasn't that hard to find, just a bit tricksy so i thought i'd point out the positions

Comment

I would recommend a public room in HipChat, much cleaner interface, platform independent and no advertising.

Dave
              Dave Prue
              Code Whisperer
              Lahar International Corp
              www.lahar.net

Comment

Originally posted by daveprue View Post
                I would recommend a public room in HipChat, much cleaner interface, platform independent and no advertising.

Dave
                You are free to create it and share it. I put our services because people asked me for them.
                /Giuseppe

Some Customers opinions

Comment

Originally posted by Giu View Post
                  You are free to create it and share it. I put our services because people asked me for them.
                  I set up a public room. If anyone wants to connect, just click this link

I will typically be connected 8:30am to 5:30pm Philippine Time (GMT +8), but people are welcome to use the room whenever they want.

Dave
                  Last edited by daveprue; 03-07-2015, 10:09 AM.
                  Dave Prue
                  Code Whisperer
                  Lahar International Corp
                  www.lahar.net

Comment

I tried both of them they are both fine

if the purpose if not there (gather some place) then even if we have 20 will be the same

again, SC guys should at least put a link to them from the main site or from here in the forum header or footer or both, so more visitors can see and intrerace, and more knowledge and info can be exchanged...

cheers

Comment

If it's about Q&A I would disencourage using the chats as I think that we all can learn from each other and chats are volatile, they disappear. I agree on Mike, it's not a good idea to have more than one chat, or the public should be different, i.e. spanish, portuguese, english. But in general, it's a good place to get into contact with otther dev's in a live situation, but we have skype, facebook, aim, google, ......

I'm in favor of organising things around SC, in fact I'm currently working on some idea's to improve support. But that's only gonna work if we unite together, so let's start a usergroup with each other and then decide which chat we will use so that we know where we can find each other.
                      Albert Drent
                      aducom software netherlands
                      scriptcase partner, reseller, support and (turn-key) development
                      www.scriptcase.eu / www.scriptcase.nl

Comment

Originally posted by aducom View Post
                        If it's about Q&A I would disencourage using the chats as I think that we all can learn from each other and chats are volatile, they disappear. I agree on Mike, it's not a good idea to have more than one chat, or the public should be different, i.e. spanish, portuguese, english. But in general, it's a good place to get into contact with otther dev's in a live situation, but we have skype, facebook, aim, google, ......

I'm in favor of organising things around SC, in fact I'm currently working on some idea's to improve support. But that's only gonna work if we unite together, so let's start a usergroup with each other and then decide which chat we will use so that we know where we can find each other.
                        Sounds great, uniting ourselves first is 100% needed step, let me know if I can do anything from my side to make this plan of improving the support works.. starting by uniting our places of documentation, videos, knowledgebase, communication channels... these are essential, otherwise, it is waste of resources and waste of time, then nobody gets nothing.

I liked the chat idea as you said for quick access to other guys on-board, and say hello sometimes, not for support of non-urgent things, where the forums concept come much more useful here in order to remain reference to everyone, not only those for 2 who are chatting, absolutely with you Albert.

Lead, boss

Comment

Originally posted by aducom View Post

OK, so I would expect that starting a usergroup would entail some live interaction. Albert, do you want to set up a day/time and your choice of skype, facebook, etc, etc and let us all know so that we can organize?

Dave
                          Dave Prue
                          Code Whisperer
                          Lahar International Corp
                          www.lahar.net

Comment

I promissed you to email you next week. I have some questions out at SC and I am waiting for a response. Meanwhile you and others who want to participate can think of practical idea's to improve things. We can discuss that later on when we meet in some way. I think that the steps we take needs to be agreed by most of us before aproaching SC with these. I don't mind being a or the man in the middle, but I don't want to be the only one to decide. It's our party, not mine alone.
                            Albert Drent
                            aducom software netherlands
                            scriptcase partner, reseller, support and (turn-key) development
                            www.scriptcase.eu / www.scriptcase.nl

Comment

My idea behind chat is for chat as is and for quick questions- quick answer .

If problem is ads I can remove. Is not a problem for me. But for example, hip chat don't works on my tablet. I chooses a self hosted chat to not use a third party chat.
                              /Giuseppe

Some Customers opinions

Comment

Working...
                              X