The pencil disappears "is it a bug or issue"

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The pencil disappears "is it a bug or issue"

I have a grid application "grid_fdesc_agresseurs" with a link key field "IDAgresseur" to the "form_desc_agresseur" application that is displayed in an iframe at the bottom of the grid, the link-application generate a pencil witch appears left each record in grid_fdesc_agressors application, everything works fine as stand alone only when i call "grid_fdesc_agresseurs" from "form_victims" tab (master-detail : the grid_fdesc_agressors is detail of master form_victim linked by IDVictim key), the pencil disappears is it a bug or problem, can you help me please.

Regards
    Last edited by zugzvang; 03-09-2015, 01:44 AM.

Sadly is how it works. Use form as editable grid view.

When you use grid as detail, pencil and toolbar disappears. This is a long time "issue". I hope they change this behavior because is very annoying for me
    /Giuseppe

Professional Scriptcase Services
    Some Customers opinions

Comment

What is strange though is: if you right-click in the iframe of the detail area, and choose "refresh frame" from the browser's context menu, the pencil and buttons etc appear!

I could actually live with that if I knew how to do the following in code (in my case I have a master form with grid detail):

1) At the point that the master and detail all loaded, and the screen painting completed,
      2) Force a refresh of the detail frame.

Anyone know if that is possible?

Comment

Originally posted by adz1111 View Post
        What is strange though is: if you right-click in the iframe of the detail area, and choose "refresh frame" from the browser's context menu, the pencil and buttons etc appear!
        OMG, is true

I could actually live with that if I knew how to do the following in code (in my case I have a master form with grid detail):

1) At the point that the master and detail all loaded, and the screen painting completed,
        2) Force a refresh of the detail frame.

Anyone know if that is possible?
        I used on a JS button and seems to work

Code:
        document.getElementById(FrameID).contentDocument.location.reload(true);
        Chaging FrameID for the ID of the frame. Something like "nmsc_iframe_liga_YOURGRIDNAME"
        Last edited by Giu; 03-11-2015, 06:38 AM.
        /Giuseppe

Professional Scriptcase Services
        Some Customers opinions

Comment

Yeah I know Giu - mad, right?!

I did raise this months ago (post #9 in link below below) - indicating a right-click revealed the buttons etc - didn't hear anything about why that is happening...

http://www.scriptcase.net/forum/show...ghlight=pencil

Anyway, I'll try what you suggest but don't really want the user to have to click a button to get the toolbar to appear. Would prefer to execute your code in an event (or even better - have NetMake build it in properly!)

:-)

Comment

Originally posted by adz1111 View Post
            Yeah I know Giu - mad, right?!

I did raise this months ago (post #9 in link below below) - indicating a right-click revealed the buttons etc - didn't hear anything about why that is happening...

http://www.scriptcase.net/forum/show...ghlight=pencil

Anyway, I'll try what you suggest but don't really want the user to have to click a button to get the toolbar to appear. Would prefer to execute your code in an event (or even better - have NetMake build it in properly!)

:-)
            Wouldn't you be able to echo (or something close) in the js code in a <script>-tag?

Comment

Yeah - hopefully that is what I'll try, however, figuring out the best place is the tricky bit. I'll try later today....

Comment

Well i guess that's true, the logical thing (if you echo it) would be onLoad.

And to be honest I'm a fan of trial and error, if at first you dont succeed, switch around some variables and try again, although that might be one of my flaws as with that attitude I tend to sometimes get projects with code where I can't exactly explain why it works, it just does.

Comment

The thing is it is doing a reload - so one needs to be careful not to set up an infinite loop.... but yes, I'll try a few things - once I can get back to my dev environment which is down for some reason now - and that's a separate post! Aaaaargghhhh - sigh...

Comment

True but you should easily be able to check on a global variable whether it has been reloaded or not, or in case you want it completely bugproof you can check in the javascript code whether you have any hits on the specific class or id SC gives to the pencil images

Comment

Just a further point that may or may not be relevant.

This issue seems to only occur if the detail is a grid. Detail forms display fully as expected...
                      Last edited by adz1111; 03-27-2015, 11:28 AM.

Comment

Working...
                      X