Get master field state in the Detailed Grid

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Get master field state in the Detailed Grid

I put a detailed form(such as form_fees) in a form, make a master/detail form/grid, that's no problem. And in the master form, I can use sc_field_disabled to set the field's state to disabled, and also can set the form_fees to disabled, but that's no response and can cause nothing. I hope there's a macro like sc_get_master_state to get the master's field form_fees's state, is enabled or not. If I can get the master form's state, then I can process code in the detailed form to enabled/disable right. If I cannot get the master's field's state, I will have to run more code.

Is there clear?

Originally posted by jerry View Post
    Is there clear?
    not for me

Comment

Correct me if I'm wrong.. you want a way to get the state of a master application field... so you can modify the behavior of your child application right?.

I think that what you asking might be nice but.. there are many ways to get that... for example.. set the value of a global variable when you enable or disable the field in the master form. that way you can evaluate it in any child form you use.

Regards

Comment

A master form named form_master.
        A multi row sub form named form_detail.
        And a field in the form_master named Details, which is linked to the sub form form_detail.

I'm using sc_field_disabled("Details") on the form_master, and of course, there's nothing happen on the form_detail. But I want the form_detail can know the state of the master's field Details, so I can run like this:

if(sc_getmaster_field("Details")=="disabled"){
        //run the sub detailed form event to set buttons, records to disabled, to response the master event.
        //like sc_btn_display("delete");
        }

That's clear and reasonable?

Comment

hi jerry,
          I got your point
          sempai kafecadm above gave you a hint that is reasonable and will work according to your explanation
          give it a try

Comment

Yes, MikeDE, it could work by kafecadm's method.

And Thank you kafecadm.

Comment

Working...
            X