TypeError When Using a JS Library

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TypeError When Using a JS Library

In order to use a UI component from an external JS library in SC, I'm referencing the library's JS/CSS from onAppInit of a single form app.

When there is an SC quicksearch field on the form, the magnifying glass icon does not show and I see the following in the console:

TypeError: $(...).listen is not a function

$('#SC_fast_search_t').listen();

When there is a date field with calendar drop down, the button to activate the calendar does not show and I see the following in the console:

TypeError: $(...).datepicker is not a function

$("#id_sc_field_lastinteractdate" + iSeqRow).datepicker({

I'm very aware of the risks of venturing outside the SC playground Netmake has made but I wonder if there is a little config that can prevent this.

It is very unlikely another library uses an element called "SC_fast_search_t" to clash with SC so why would the error be coming up?

Inspect DOM. Maybe you are not using right selectors .

What are you trying to achieve? How are you adding your external JS?
    /Giuseppe

Professional Scriptcase Services
    Some Customers opinions

Comment

Originally posted by Giu View Post
      Inspect DOM. Maybe you are not using right selectors .

What are you trying to achieve? How are you adding your external JS?
      In the onApplicationInit I'm echoing the HTML head and opening body tags (with no closing).

Here I send all the <link rel="stylesheet" href="..."> and <script src="..."> statements required.

The issues is now fixed thank you: I realized one of my link rels was referring to jquery.min.js which SC already has.

Now I feel like the boy who cried wolf! Sorry for the false alarm.

Comment

Working...
      X