Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Copy Data Dictionary from one project to another

Hello guys:

I'm starting a new project which uses the same DB's of another project.. my questions is.. is there anyway to copy the data dictionary or at least the Language translations?.

Regards

The language files are under "your_app"/_lib/lang, so i assume that you could copy them in an other project ! Never tried it !

Comment

Thank you for your answer Gerd

I'll try it and let you know.

Regards

Comment

Hello just as a follow up it doesn't work.. I think SC keeps a record in it's interal database.

Regards

Comment

Have to notice that i get older every day !

As i was walking with my dogs today, it returned in my mind, that i have done such things years ago. So i restored my virtual machine with SC V6 and i could track what i had done.

I had a project, call it something as "language", inside only one blank application. In this project, i filled all my language translations. This was the master language project for all other projects. So when i need a new language variable in annother project, i changed it here, exported the application and imported it in all others.
          You have to put the global stuff under "Project messages-General". If you create a new folder, this one will not be exported and could not be used in annother project.

BTW: at that time (maybe aducom will remember) we had the discussion, that it would be the best, if SC will put the language variables in a DB (sqlite ?) so it would be possible to generate a form in a project, so the customers could change the field description or for whatever you are using the variables for themselves.
          Last edited by Gerd Dietrich; 04-19-2015, 04:37 PM.

Comment

Heavy Stuff man... but a got damn good idea.

Thank you.

Comment

Yes, I remember. Unfortunately this is (still) not the case.
              Albert Drent
              aducom software netherlands
              scriptcase partner, reseller, support and (turn-key) development
              www.scriptcase.eu / www.scriptcase.nl

Comment

Indeed, I ended up rewriting everything in the new project. exporting your dictionary and or your language index would be a nice feature for SC.

Regards

Comment

Working...
                X