Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Working with Laravel

Hello,

I would like to use Scriptcase, but I am unsure how to use in conjunction with Laravel php framework.

For instance, in Laravel, I have Eloquent models that perform actions when saving or updating. If I write directly to the database using Scriptcase, those actions won't be performed.

Anyone figure out an elegant way to tie the two together. If Scriptcase could do that, it would really be amazing and open up a lot of opportunities for people that want a gui tool integrated into their current frameworks.

Thanks!

I dont think so. SC is perfect to use with third party or external scripts, but not in `partnership` with MVC nor complete frameworks like laravel, synfony and so on
    /Giuseppe

Professional Scriptcase Services
    Some Customers opinions

Comment

yeah, that's what i thought. if scriptcase could eventually make an adapter, I think it would really be great for them. I believe a lot of people would love that integration as it's painful to build quality crud forms in any type of mvc.

Comment

Originally posted by kjshah View Post
        yeah, that's what i thought. if scriptcase could eventually make an adapter, I think it would really be great for them. I believe a lot of people would love that integration as it's painful to build quality crud forms in any type of mvc.
        Interesting? Yes. Important? Not IMHO. Laravel integration costs a lot of work, and I think there are a lot of better things to do prior to this.

- Change iFrame technique for Divs.
        - Pull out table HTML tag
        - Macros to work with containers.
        - Automatic prod enviroment (prod enviroment just containing what you need).
        - Better reutilization of code (a lot of generated code is repetitive on each generated application, this can be solved with good refactoring and using inheritance
        - And I can continue...

SC is a great product as is without competitor, and could be better with some important changes. Integration with third party frameworks is very hard, and unnecesary imho, but I get your point.
        /Giuseppe

Some Customers opinions

Comment

Amen Giuseppe.

Comment

De acuerdo.
            Giu +1

Comment

Originally posted by alvagar View Post
              De acuerdo.
              Giu +1
              + 0.99. Leave the html table tag. See bootstrap docs ;-)
              Albert Drent
              aducom software netherlands
              scriptcase partner, reseller, support and (turn-key) development
              www.scriptcase.eu / www.scriptcase.nl

Comment

Originally posted by aducom View Post
                Some directr link please?
                /Giuseppe

Some Customers opinions

Comment

Originally posted by Giu View Post
                  Some directr link please?
                  Giu...

http://www.w3schools.com/bootstrap/bootstrap_tables.asp
                  Albert Drent
                  aducom software netherlands
                  scriptcase partner, reseller, support and (turn-key) development
                  www.scriptcase.eu / www.scriptcase.nl

Comment

Oh I got it now, but not, I'm not talking about this. I'm speaking about theming. Almost all SC templates are builded using Tables, and this is a bad practice

Captura.JPG
                    /Giuseppe

Some Customers opinions

Comment

every customer has a different use case. maybe not important to you, but it is important to me. i'd like to see all the features you mentioned done as well.

Comment

every customer has a different use case. maybe not important to you, but it is important to me. i'd like to see all the features you mentioned done as well.
                        And I understand your point, and for this reason I wrote... "Interesting? Yes. Important? Not IMHO"

But new features should be under demand. and I'm almost totally sure thath not more than 20% or less of SC userbase needs integration with external frameworks. For this reason, I see it interesting? Absolutly, but it's worth? I don't think so
                        /Giuseppe

Some Customers opinions

Comment

I think integration might come... when we have enough demand for it.
                          Regards,
                          Cavadinha

Development Team
                          Netmake - IT Solutions

Comment

Originally posted by Cavadinha View Post
                            I think integration might come... when we have enough demand for it.

+1 in demanding integration with external theeming products.
                            ************************************************** ********
                            We are Developing your Future Business Requirement right now with Scriptcase.
                            www.sri.com.au & www.madikonda.com

Comment

Originally posted by aducom View Post
                              Albert, do you mean you can somehow replace the default look of SC tables to look like bootstrap? How?

Comment

Working...
                              X