Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Selective Deploy without Libs / CSS etc - still deploys with libs...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Selective Deploy without Libs / CSS etc - still deploys with libs...

Hi

Noticed this today when trying to deploy a single app:

I chose "typical" for the single app, and deselected common libs and CSS.

The build was quick and showed just that single app, but the downloaded file is >130MB and contains _lib and a whole other bunch of unselected apps....

Running: 8.00.0036

This is happening to me also. If I pick just a couple of apps to deploy it puts in 1 to 10 other apps. It seems to be random.
    I'm running version 8 with the latest patches. This behavior started for me about two patches ago.

Comment

>130MB is because is including prod enviroment. About apps not selected for deploy didn't happened to me. Don't know
      /Giuseppe

Professional Scriptcase Services
      Some Customers opinions

Comment

Giu

I know its including production stuff (_lib, CSS etc) - I had already indicated that in my post.

What I don't understand is why, because I have de-selected those options on the deployment screen. Used to work fine. Now I have to download a big zip file and pull out just the bits I need, and deploy those. Not very efficient....

Comment

Originally posted by adz1111 View Post
          Giu

I know its including production stuff (_lib, CSS etc) - I had already indicated that in my post.
          Oh sorry, didn't noticed it sorry.

What I don't understand is why, because I have de-selected those options on the deployment screen. Used to work fine. Now I have to download a big zip file and pull out just the bits I need, and deploy those. Not very efficient....
          Don't understand, problem is you are getting unwanted apps in deployment? or prod enviroment inside zip?

I just tried it. V8.0.36, unmark css and prod on deploy, and I get a 5MB zip for a project with about 35apps.
          /Giuseppe

Some Customers opinions

Comment

Have you tried to select just one or two apps Giu? Do you just get those apps you selected or does it throw others in there also?

Comment

All ok:
              http://1drv.ms/19At4GW
              /Giuseppe

Some Customers opinions

Comment

If i select one app, deselect CSS and common libs - the generated zip includes my single app, _lib, and some other apps... I didn't ask for (nor want) the latter 2 things...

Comment

Me too adz1111 - I have used scriptcase since version 6 and never seen this till now....

Comment

Originally posted by adz1111 View Post
                    If i select one app, deselect CSS and common libs - the generated zip includes my single app, _lib, and some other apps... I didn't ask for (nor want) the latter 2 things...
                    From my side, this problem has always been there even from version 6. Couldn't detect a pattern for its occurrence so the word random is apt. I simply used to delete the unwanted items from the zip file.

Comment

Okay I just deleted all files under \NetMake\v8\wwwroot\scriptcase\tmp This appears to have stopped the random apps being put in to deployment.

Comment

Interesting - I'll try that...

UPDATE: Yep - that fixed it! Good job!
                        Last edited by adz1111; 04-01-2015, 09:41 AM. Reason: provide update

Comment

Good to hear... Strange only a few of us have encountered this!
                          My project is very large over 180 apps so wonder if that has
                          something to do with it and the /tmp folder....?

Comment

I'm guessing it's if you get the odd deployment hiccup - I had one a few weeks ago when it all froze. Re starting the session got things going at that time and I didn't think anything of it. But I am guessing that a bunch of temp files were not cleaned up at some point because of the unclean forced restart.

So until you clean out the tmp folder, I guess some things in there from a failed deployment session muck things up...

Comment

Ah yes good point. As I had a similar hiccup also.... Well hopefully this will help others... It was very frustrating and annoying.

Comment

Working...
                              X