How do you display 'Editor' type field as read only

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do you display 'Editor' type field as read only

I would like my form to disallow editing in an editor-type field when not in insert/ modify mode. Switching it to label type simply displays the raw html.

2 choices as I see it:

Easiest way is to use the "Disabled" setting for the field (just under "Label field") - you can say whether that field is disabled when in insert or update or both mode.

Or

Create a new text field (as a label field) that is populated with cleaned up text (maybe via a small function you create - must be loads of examples you can find with google). And then, depending on the form's mode, hide the text field or the label field.

Comment

Originally posted by adz1111 View Post
      2 choices as I see it:

Easiest way is to use the "Disabled" setting for the field (just under "Label field") - you can say whether that field is disabled when in insert or update or both mode.

Or

Create a new text field (as a label field) that is populated with cleaned up text (maybe via a small function you create - must be loads of examples you can find with google). And then, depending on the form's mode, hide the text field or the label field.
      For this field type, I had chosen the option "insert/ update mode" for "Disabled Field" setting but it has no effect.

Right now I'm doing something akin to your second option using a temporary text field and hiding the editor field: ob_start(), echo, ob_get_contents() and then ob_end_clean();

Clumsy but works roundabout.

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by scriptcaser View Post
        I would like my form to disallow editing in an editor-type field when not in insert/ modify mode. Switching it to label type simply displays the raw html.
        Did you checked "show HTML content" on this field?
        /Giuseppe

Professional Scriptcase Services
        Some Customers opinions

Comment

Originally posted by Giu View Post
          Did you checked "show HTML content" on this field?
          I find no such option for HTML Editor type nor for label type. Where is this?

Comment

Giu

Think that option is only on grids..

Comment

Working...
            X