This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Urgent please help. OSX Manual upgrade went horribly wrong, no backup

I just tried to do a manual update of Scriptcase 8.... when it asked me if I wanted to "Overwrite" the files in the folders I said yes. Well apparently on a Mac Overwrite will actually overwrite the files and folders erasing the orig ones. There was a "merge" option that I should have picked.
    In the PC world (That ive been in my whole life) I would have picked "replace" or "Overwrite" so I thought and it would have only overwritten the files that matched the same names. NOT SO ON THE MAC!!!

Now.... I have no backups of my projects, etc... from the last 6 mos to a year. (I know, Im an idiot)
    I do have a few deployed projects.... can they be salvaged at all from the deployed state back into development?

Please help me in any way that you can.... I am currently trying to run a data restore software that scans the drive for deleted files and recovers them... but Im not even sure what the scriptcase project files look like.....

Thanks for any and all help or suggestions.

Well since I didn't delete them.... there are no files to undelete. I only have really two important applications.... one in production and being used... and the other was close to ready and I published it recently.
    Can any of the code from the deployed code be accessed? I had quite a bit of custom code that fired on events.
    Thanks for any suggestions.

Comment

Originally posted by yourguide View Post
      Well since I didn't delete them.... there are no files to undelete. I only have really two important applications.... one in production and being used... and the other was close to ready and I published it recently.
      Can any of the code from the deployed code be accessed? I had quite a bit of custom code that fired on events.
      Thanks for any suggestions.
      Sorry for your situation.

You can't restore a project from generated file, but your code is in plain inside it, and you can look into this files and search for it. Hard work, but possible.

http://support.scriptcase.net/index..../manual-update

I will try to get NetMake to modify KB article to warning about this on osx
      Last edited by Giu; 04-04-2015, 04:34 AM.
      /Giuseppe

Professional Scriptcase Services
      Some Customers opinions

Comment

Working...
      X